Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

The telling

So, I decided last week that I would tell administration about my pregnancy during my preconference meeting which was this morning. I was a bit nervous as I didn't know what to expect, but it was so uneventful!

Asst. principal: And I like to do an observation before Thanksgiving and another in the spring.

Me: Hmm. I won't be here from March-May because I am pregnant.

Asst. principal: Congratulations! No problem then, I will schedule yours in first.

And that was that! (aside from a brief comment from her at one point about whether I had considered coming back part time for that last month...not worth it for me. I would still have to pay day care, so either full time or on leave) LOL. But, it is a big relief that I have said *something* to administration now so that I don't have to worry about who knows at school.

I actually almost said something at lunch (after the conference) because I am very interested in using the same day care provider as a couple women who eat lunch with me and want to know if she has any openings, but I couldn't get up the courage. One telling a day is about all I can do, I think. LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Calliope said...

You are on a roll!! Congrats on the new female OB & congrats on "the Telling"!!

September 21, 2005 4:45 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Woo hoo! Now its all out there :). How very exciting and I'm so glad you will get a few months off with baby when you tack it on to summer.

September 21, 2005 8:36 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, girls. It is such a weight lifted off my shoulders to not have to worry about it getting out there before I told.

I wish I could take March-September off, but it would really be a strain. But now that my mom is thinking of being my child care for those 6 weeks, I think I can do it...:)

September 21, 2005 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home