Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, September 24, 2005

And the OB saga continues...

So, Friday was a non-student day and we had meetings based on grade level. It so happened that my room was being used for one group, though it was not the group I was in.

When I came back to get my snack, a teacher handed me a note telling me that someone had called for me. It was the OB clinic. I called back and was told that the other female OB who I switched to had now reviewed my charts and didn't think she could give me the kind of care I needed because she only worked part time. (I didn't realize she was part time). Also, she told me that this female OB wanted to refer me to the university hospital for all of my care (much like my former OB did). I just don't get it since the things that make me high risk (high blood pressure and diabetes) are both well under control.

Of course, that was my only other female option, but I told the nurse I guess I could live with a man. She said she would ask around and find one of the male doctors who could take me.

Throughout the day, we continued to play phone tag and I finally got a hold of her when I got home. She had found a male OB who had reviewed my files, wasn't planning on shuffling me out to the university (in Seattle which is why I am quite opposed to it...if I was OK with going to Seattle, I would just go see my regular OB/GYN), and even had appointment spots for my next appointments in the afternoon. So, I am switched to him. I hope that this works out as I think my only other option at this point is Seattle...

I have also set up my appointment for the blood pressure clinic (which only happens at the university hospital in Seattle on Thursdays from 8-12) in two weeks. I hope that I pass whatever test they give me as it will determine how frequently I have to go back.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Hi Katrina,
This is Angela (T&A) from FF stopping in to see how you're doing. Hope this works out with your new OB. I know I thought I'd prefer a woman, but I really ended up bonding with my OB and I'm happy with him now. Of course it probably helped that he was the one who finally got us PG after 11 years...;)

September 24, 2005 7:26 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

I hope everything works out for you with the male doctor.

What ever happened with your mom and her coming to stay with you? Have you checked into childcare yet?

September 25, 2005 5:32 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Angela. It always helps to hear success stories..I don't have any good reason for not wanting a man, so hopefully this will work out. :)

Carrie - well, I talked to my mom yesterday and I decided that it will (hopefully) be more of a help than a hinderance and she is going to come. While I am sure we will have some disagreements, just not having to get a very very young baby (like 6 weeks old) ready to go by 6 am will be a blessing.n

September 25, 2005 8:16 AM  
Blogger Calliope said...

ugh...Katrina, sorry about all the OB switcheroos! Hope your new OB is fantastic, warm & helpful.

September 26, 2005 5:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home