Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, October 30, 2005

My quest continues...

A while back (like 8 months or so), I posted about my dilemma of finding a church to really belong to. I then found the church I attended for about 6 months and was very optmistic by the initial response I received....however, the singles group died out within 2 months, and now I am back to where I started...attending a church where I don't know anyone, and noone talks to me other than the obligatory greet the people around you part of the service.

So, a couple weeks ago, my mom and I were discussing the baby shower my aunt wants to throw me and I was saying how I really don't know anyone to invite, and she asked about my church. You need to understand that when I was growing up, my mother was extremely critical of any church other than the Lutheran church (they are cults! she would say), and so I have never spoken to her much about my church activities.

In any case, she suggested trying some new churches (yes, AGAIN) and even convinced me to try a Lutheran one (what?! LOL). So, last week, I did. I attended the Lutheran church closest to me, and would you believe it, but at least 50% of the congregation (including the reverend) made a concerted effort to greet me and at least ask my name and where I was from, etc. My problem with that church was that it was much like the one I grew up in, besides the reverend (who happened to be a woman probably in her 40s), I was the only person under 60 (maybe 70), and there were only 3 children there (presumably the reverend's children), and finally, the only things they offer are during the school day. Obviously, this was not the perfect church for me...but, I have decided to try another Lutheran church today...and that is where I am off to now. Hope it is just what I am looking for!

Cali, I will try and return your tag this evening as after church, I will be making pounds and pounds of icing for our day of the dead cookies. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

I hope that things went okay at Church this morning. Just as you're going to have a child is a great time to find the right church and I hope that yours becomes obvious soon. Hope all is going well with you at school. Things are crazy busy here. Are you coming out this way for Christmas or is it too soon to be making plans?

October 30, 2005 5:41 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hey Monica. Well, the church I went today had great music for a Lutheran church LOL, but it was not as friendly as last week's church...there were a few kids, mostly teenagers, but it is possible that there are more since there are actually two services...I will try the second service too...I just don't know.

As for Christmas, I am planning on coming out for about a week. Probably the 23-30 or something like that...again, I will be flying and won't have a car, but if you are coming into the city at all, maybe we can meet up again? I promise to drive out one of these days (I never drive out at CHristmas as I worry one of the passes might close and I could get stuck) so that I can come out to your town too! :)

October 30, 2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

I have always enjoyed Lutheran Churches but never been a member of one. Our last Presby church in GA had a much older congregation and we had a hard time socializing. The men always had their activities during my work hours M-F 8 to 5 so they could keep their weekend and evenings free. Kept all us young folks right out of everything. They always complained about us not helping with things and we kept trying to get them to work with out time it was really funny after a while. They were however the nicest and friendliest people and loved the young couples and kids of the church. The few things we could attend each month were great. Sometimes change takes time, but if you find a good group it may be worth effort to work with them.

November 04, 2005 6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home