Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, October 10, 2005

The new OB

LOVE the new OB! Oh, who cares that he is a man...he is like one million times better than the old OB.

Obviously, I had my first appointment with the new OB today. He seemed generally interested when he asked questions and listened for the answers. He seemed very knowledgeable and confident and I loved that he took the time to re-explain the heart/blood pressure thing to me again and when he looked at my blood sugars which I told him have gone wacky the past four or five days, he did not even hesitate, just said "We will start you on the lowest dose of glyburide." (you may recall me talking about this medicine before...the first OB wanted to switch me solely to glyburide and the peri nixed that idea....but at the hypertension clinic when I saw the peri last week, she said she thought I could try a combo of Metformin and Glyburide to delay having to move to insulin).

I got very nervous when he was listening for the heartbeat and couldn't find it. He stopped at one point and asked if they had been able to hear it yet at other appointments. When I said yes, he tried again and did finally catch it. It was much slower than previous measurements (today it was 128 bpm where usually it is in the 150s), but he said that was fine and could possibly mean the baby was sleeping.

Now, I just need to make it through this one last week until the big ultrasound...I am so excited!!! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Calliope said...

yay! So glad the new OB is fab. (even if he is a boy!)

October 11, 2005 6:06 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

I'm glad you like the new doc!

October 11, 2005 9:14 AM  
Blogger Danni said...

Hi Katrina, I got here via Michelle's blog. I just want to say good luck with your pregnancy. I am 39 weeks pregnant with my first child, due on 19 October. Im starting to get nervous about the birth now, its so close I can taste it. I have a blog of my own, feel free to visit any time.

http://mummytobe.blogspot.com/

October 11, 2005 6:31 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

You know, I felt more comfortable with a male OB when I was pregnant. He just made me feel so safe and well cared for, but I will tell you, immediately after the 6 weeks postpartum check up, I switched right back to my female OB/GYN!!!
Good luck, you are almost halfway there :)

October 13, 2005 3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home