Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, August 01, 2005

Unnecessary concern...(at least I hope)

You may recall my considering the gender predictor thing. Well, I went ahead and ordered the kit ($25.00) and it arrived today. Technically, I can take it any time now since it said at least 5 weeks past conception which was last Friday, but I can't seem to do it.

I really have no reason to be so worried that this pregnancy won't make it to term, but I am constantly worried. I STILL haven't written in the baby's journal. I just can't imagine writing about a pregnancy and then miscarrying. Wouldn't that be awful?

I continue to have very few "symptoms" of pregnancy. I am frequently tired and today I took TWO naps, and I do have to pee very frequently (which is weird this early isn't it? cause like the baby shouldn't be pushing on the bladder yet or anything...), but that's it. Oh! And the CONSTANT dreams. I mean, I dream every night, a couple different dreams each night separated by trips to the bathroom. Most of the time the dreams are fine, maybe a bit weird but not really scary or anything, but one time I clearly had a miscarriage dream and that REALLY freaked me out...

Friday I will get to see my little martian again. I hope that he/she has grown adequately that noone tells me that it is "measuring a bit small" again. That really has me freaked I guess. I hope that we see the heartbeat again. I hope they give me another picture to place on my fridge...

This will be a long week...

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i'm sure it is unnecessary. The peeing thing can start early...from what I'm told it is not just about the baby sitting on your bladder. So I am glad you are doing well ... check out my blog and see what's happened to me so far... big story!

www.gidgitgraham.blogspot.com


Keeping you in my prayers...

August 01, 2005 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It all sounds as if it's going amazingly well to me. Symptoms vary a lot and I think as many as 40% or half of pregnant women don't get morning sickness. Hormonal changes cause frequent peeing and that can happen right at the start.

For what it's worth, and I don't think it's worth very much, I did write in a pregnancy journal and then miscarried. I'm not sorry I did. I'm not sure I would do it again that early, but there's something about it that makes that time more real to me, and I'm glad of that.

Do what feels right to you - it will be OK.

One cruddy thing about the preg journals though - I mean unless you are using your own blank journal - they all have a lot of references to partners and fathers and all that.

August 02, 2005 6:41 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

Katrina...take a deep breath and calm down! :)

Symptoms of pregnancy can vary from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.

Here's something not everyone knows: this is my 5th pregnancy. I have one child, soon to be 2.

I've had morning sickness before, but not this time around. The frequent urination is common in the first trimester and then again in the third as the baby gets larger. And the weird dreams...a couple of months back I dreamed about going into labour when I was 30 weeks pregnant, the baby being born, finding out it was a girl and that she didn't make it. Well, I've made it past 30 weeks and the baby isn't a girl. I also had dreams about running over my husband in the car.

I know it's hard to accept until it's more tangible...your belly gets bigger, you can feel the baby moving inside, etc...but you're having a baby! Don't worry, be happy. :)

And like Kenya said, if you need to talk, feel free to email me.

Have a super week!

August 02, 2005 12:52 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

Hello! I just stumbled across your blog a couple weeks ago and became intrigued with your story. I am a married mother of two children, ages 7 and 2. Each pregnancy is totally different so put down those what to expect books because they just make you nervous unnecessarily! I read previously that you said you were a bit overweight and so was/am I. Sometimes when you are overweight, babies will tend to be on the small size. They had me all freaked out with my first pregnancy and everything turned out just fine, she was just a small baby. Ask your mom how big you were, that's usually how you will carry. Best of luck to you!

August 02, 2005 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wondered if you were going to do the gender test or not. Maybe you will feel more inclined after your U/S on friday. I am praying for you & for your martian!

Cali

August 02, 2005 2:52 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, everyone. Of course you are right and I need to relax. LOL. Last time I said I would relax when I had my ultrasound, and then ultrasound gave me new worries. LOL. I guess this is just life, huh? :)

Thank you for all your prayers!

Lukossmom - you know, that is exactly what my mom said when I saw the baby was measuring small, that I was a small baby (5 pounds) and she was even tinier (4 pounds..well, she says 3.5 but I don't believe her LOL). I guess I just thought that at this stage all babies were supposed to be around the same size.

I am trying to relax...I will relax soon, I promise:)

August 02, 2005 3:05 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

See, everything will be just fine! My mom had 6 children and the biggest was 7 pounds even. My daughter was 6lbs 6 ounces and my son was 7lbs 7ounces. It's all about covering themselves, which I can understand, but at the same time, it makes new moms to be absolutely nuts!!!! Not to worry, you will be feeling over-pregnant before you know it!!!!! :)

August 02, 2005 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home