Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

I already had the best gift I could ever receive, the beautiful little heartbeat of my little one! :)

Still, it is beautifully sunny, supposed to be nice and warm, and I am looking forward to lunch with a colleague (doesn't know it's my birthday, just happened to be the day she had free) and dinner with my aunt/uncle.

I have thought a lot about birthdays this week.

Having a summer birthday really sucked as a child. You never got to celebrate at school like most of the students in your classes. Many of your friends were away during the summer. It is bad enough for your average child, but my family wasn't "normal". My dad lived in a different city from the time I was 10 and so we always went to spend the summers with him. This meant that there were no school birthday parties, and very few home birthday parties (with friends, of course my parents always took me out for dinner) after about age 10. Instead, I sat quite bored in a city where I knew noone.

My thoughts have not really been very pleasant this week as I remembered by 16th birthday where I made stupid choices which my parents found out about on my birthday and I ended up being grounded for 6 months. My mom had come home to throw me a surprise birthday party which I have always been really sad that I missed. Instead, we spent much of the night in the hospital because I had stressed my mother out so badly she thought she was having a heart attack.

I hope that this year with my beautiful birthday present stuck on my fridge, that birthdays become a happy affair once again.

ETA: Oh, and the nausea mentioned last night was fleeting...no more today.

8 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Happy, Happy, Birthday! Not that your post is about me (but, really, isn't "everything" about me...just kidding of course :), but my poor child doomed to bad birthday's. Makes me think I should institute a 6 mo. off birthday and celebrate 6 mo. from Aug. to Feb. or something). Anyway, you are right, the little bh is the BEST present you could have. Hope you have a great day! Made me think of my 16th b-day, which wasn't that great either. Take care. Deb ps. I am doing this during a work meeting so hope it makes sense. LOL.

July 27, 2005 10:48 AM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have many more with someone wonderful to share them with.

July 27, 2005 12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just think by this time next year you will be a MOMMY! I too had a horrible 16th birthday! What a small world. :)

Our adoption should be final near the end of October, first of November. Then we will both get to be Mommy! I am so happy for you Katrina! May God bless your pregnancy and your beautiful baby!

July 27, 2005 1:22 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure birthdays will take on a whole new meaning once you have been the mommy involved in a birth :). Hope you had a great day.

July 27, 2005 8:16 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Happy Birthday Katrina! Hope you had a great day. Funny, you can add me to the list of bad 16th birthdays. My family was camping and they all forgot it was my birthday. Ugh...strange how you can suddenly remember those things with such clarity. Anyhow, you got a wonderful birthday present indeed and hope Friday's U/S goes great too. ~CarolynG

July 27, 2005 8:27 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, everyone! I can't believe how many of us had horrible 16th birthdays? LOL.

Now I am anxiously awaiting next Friday...another 8 days to my next ultrasound!

July 28, 2005 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there! From another Leo summer birthday kid, happy birthday! I hope you celebrated well. And yeah, what better present than your baby! How wonderful! Sorry bout the 16th birthday. I didn't get grounded, but I think I sat at home alone as my mother worked, and cleaned house. hah! May all your next ones be full of friends and family!

July 29, 2005 4:44 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Happy Birthday (a few days late) Katrina!!! Glad to see that you are doing well and that baby is still hanging in there :) I've decided that February will be the month I start....told mom as well as my grandmother (who I expected to be shocked) and both are very excited and looking forward to this journey :)

July 29, 2005 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home