Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, July 14, 2005

More than doubling...

So, I got my GH (HMO) beta number back before 8 am, they are so prompt it is lovely. It was 644 which means that my beta doubled in about 1.6 days, so that is excellent. At first, I was a bit worried, thinking it was doubling too quickly, but everyone has reassured me that it is doubling and that is all that matters. :)

I had considered just moving to my HMO now for everything and stopping the fertility clinic (like for my 2/3 beta), but have since changed mind, why, I will describe below.

When, I got home from class, I received a phone call (almost immediately when I walked in the door) from my PCP (primary care physician). She wanted to make sure I had received the results (I had actually jumped on the computer in an empty classroom at break to get my results;) and congratulated me. She asked where I was thinking of going for an OB and I asked her where the OBs in my town deliver. I had no idea there was a hospital here. LOL. So, I decided it would be easiest to deliver right here in town rather than having to head into Seattle, and depending of time of day, fight traffic. Plus, I had been worried about how I would get to the hospital if I was alone and the contractions progressed quickly. I had figured my aunt would take me, but it would take her 30-45 minutes to get here, and then another 45 minutes- an hour to get to the hospital in Seattle. Delivering here right in my city is appealing, I can take a cab, if absolutely necessary. :)

Anyway, so she gave me the number to call the headquarters to talk about out of network coverage since there are no OBs at the HMO clinic here in my city, but there are some who are connected and accept my insurance. I called and there was no problem she said, as long as I paid my usual copay. Then, I called the OB office to set up my appointments. I realized one bad thing about going this way is that they are not on the email system, which means I have to actually call in for appointments (and be put on hold...), and wait for test results as opposed to receive them as soon as they are sent online...Oh well, I think, as I mentioned above, it is still better to deliver here in town. Anyway, so I finally got a hold of someone and my appointments are Aug 15th with the nurse for a background medical history and then August 29th with the OB.

I am so going to pay the extra to keep going to the fertility clinic until then. When I got my blood drawn today, I asked the nurse when the ultrasound would be and she said it would depend on my results but probably in a week or so. A week. Not a month and a half! LOL

I still have no to very little pregnancy symptoms. I am extremely tired all the time and just woke up from a 2 hour nap..LOL. I have to finish my project and paper tonight for my class tomorrow, but after my class ends, I can take regular afternoon naps for the rest of the summer! LOL


Blogger carrie said...

I'm so excited for you!

I wouldn't worry too much about not having many pregnancy symptoms yet. Back in January when I discovered #2 was on the way, the only things that I noticed were extreme fatigue and some (very little) nausea.

I would definitely plan to deliver as close as possible to your home, as that makes it so much easier getting to and from the hospital.

I'm so glad that we're pregnant together, although by the time you go in for your first OB appointment, I'll have a week until I deliver. :)

July 14, 2005 5:44 PM  
Blogger FattyPants said...


July 14, 2005 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home