Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, July 01, 2005

A good day

I need to send out a quick post thanking all of you who have emailed me your support. It is so very much appreciated!:)

I have had a great day today. I got up and tried a new place for breakfast. I have decided to go out for breakfast once a week during the summer. Gives me a chance to get out of the house and try out different restaurants to suggest when my parents come to visit. :)

After breakfast, I came home for a little while and sat on the deck and read for a bit. Reading gave me a great idea, to go to the library. So off I headed to the main public library and signed up. There was another patron with the same exact name as me (this has happened with my driver's license, getting a loan for my house, even at the dentists office!) and of course, she had fines. Luckily, they believed me that I was not her and they signed me up for a new account. I found a book, sat down and read the preface and the first chapter. These two little girls (about 3 and 5) sat down a couple seats away from me. They were so adorable and quite distracting for me..LOL.

I picked up a schedule of outdoor music that is played in my city that I had no idea about. I plan to attend some of these concerts..they look fun.

I relaxed and watched a couple soaps and then swept and mopped the floors (well, I didn't mop the hardwood floors...I only swept them...I have no idea what you are supposed to do them? they don't really seem dirty other than a quick sweep...) Silly me, dumped out the water before mopping the bathroom so I haven't gotten around to that...

Anyway, it has felt like a rather productive day. Usually on Canada Day I have a beer or two (Canadian of course) while I watch the CBC folderol, but being in the middle of my two week wait, with a possible implantation dip today?, I just can't bring myself to do it.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina,

Hey... I know I don't check this very often, but I do enjoy reading your entries. I have no idea how hard this must be for you, but you are a real trooper in my books!!! I wish I had time on my visit this summer to come down and visit, but will only be in the Vancouver area for a couple of days.
Anyway, just wanted to drop a note of encouragement... to let you know you are loved and prayed for all the way from Korea! Here is hoping that you have a ton more good days and friends to share it with in person very soon!!! Ciao bella.

July 03, 2005 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katrina,

I read the comments on your post from a few days ago, when you were feeling bummed. I disagree strongly with what your friend said. In fact, so much I wrote practically a whole post about it. (It was too much to put in your commments!).

I'm glad it was a good day. Keep the faith. I've been in New York a year and I am starting to feel like it's good to be here, even though I still want to go home. Friendships and a rich life grow slowly, and you're doing the work to grow them - it will come.

July 04, 2005 7:58 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Hi Katrina,

Was just thinking of you and wanted to say I hope this cycle is a success for you and good luck!!!!!!!!! (CarolynG)

July 07, 2005 10:30 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey Katrina... just wanted to tell you how great it was to finally meet you for dinner the other day :). I'm praying the next time we meet up that you will have a belly full of baby :).

July 09, 2005 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home