Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, June 30, 2005

One summer class down...

And one more to go. (of course I also need to finish another class, but I prefer to forget about that).

What a week. The AP institute was really very challenging for me. Understand that I was finished studying Spanish in 1997, and then used French exclusively for the next 4-5 years. I lost the majority of my Spanish vocabulary and even some of the more advanced grammar. Then, I got a job here teaching first and second year Spanish. Slowly, things have been coming back to me, but only up to a certain point...Then imagine throwing me, with my basic Spanish abilities into a classroom for teachers of the Advanced Placement Spanish language course. It was very challenging. The first day, I felt completely overwhelmed and even toyed with the idea of not coming back for the rest of the week. I am glad I did go back as the other days were much better and such a great opportunity for me to rediscover my Spanish abilities beyond first year (I only taught first year this year)...LOL.

During this stressful and demanding week, there was some controversy I see in my last post. I am seriously considering no longer allowing anonymous posts. I will make my decision when I come back from Canada, but I am thinking about it. It is not to silence your voice, but there are definite times when I would like to put a name (or face if I know you) to a comment. Somehow that seems only fair while I pour out my heart and soul on this blog.

Last week was a very exciting one for a fellow blogger friend of mine, Cubbiegirl. She was chosen to be the mom of a little girl in foster care!! I have been so happy for her and cry (happy tears) daily as I read her accounts of first meeting her daughter and getting to know her. I know that one day soon I will meet my child, no matter how s/he comes into my life, and this has been such a beautiful source of inspiration and hope.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I am sure I will post, but just in case I don't, have a wonderful Canada Day and Fourth of July! I will be heading to Canada for my cousin's wedding.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina-
Thank you for sharing your story. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in this struggle.
Anyone that has invested so much of themselves in the humanity of the world (your work in Africa) is bound to be a perfect Mom!
Keep posting!!!
Cali

July 01, 2005 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home