Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, June 30, 2005

One summer class down...

And one more to go. (of course I also need to finish another class, but I prefer to forget about that).

What a week. The AP institute was really very challenging for me. Understand that I was finished studying Spanish in 1997, and then used French exclusively for the next 4-5 years. I lost the majority of my Spanish vocabulary and even some of the more advanced grammar. Then, I got a job here teaching first and second year Spanish. Slowly, things have been coming back to me, but only up to a certain point...Then imagine throwing me, with my basic Spanish abilities into a classroom for teachers of the Advanced Placement Spanish language course. It was very challenging. The first day, I felt completely overwhelmed and even toyed with the idea of not coming back for the rest of the week. I am glad I did go back as the other days were much better and such a great opportunity for me to rediscover my Spanish abilities beyond first year (I only taught first year this year)...LOL.

During this stressful and demanding week, there was some controversy I see in my last post. I am seriously considering no longer allowing anonymous posts. I will make my decision when I come back from Canada, but I am thinking about it. It is not to silence your voice, but there are definite times when I would like to put a name (or face if I know you) to a comment. Somehow that seems only fair while I pour out my heart and soul on this blog.

Last week was a very exciting one for a fellow blogger friend of mine, Cubbiegirl. She was chosen to be the mom of a little girl in foster care!! I have been so happy for her and cry (happy tears) daily as I read her accounts of first meeting her daughter and getting to know her. I know that one day soon I will meet my child, no matter how s/he comes into my life, and this has been such a beautiful source of inspiration and hope.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I am sure I will post, but just in case I don't, have a wonderful Canada Day and Fourth of July! I will be heading to Canada for my cousin's wedding.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cali said...

Katrina-
Thank you for sharing your story. It is comforting to know that I am not alone in this struggle.
Anyone that has invested so much of themselves in the humanity of the world (your work in Africa) is bound to be a perfect Mom!
Keep posting!!!
Cali

July 01, 2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Hey Katrina
Don't let Z get you down. He is just looking out for your best interest. Although I don't know how someone who doesn't talk you on a daily basis can say he is looking out for you!! You keep doing what you are doing. You know you are helping people out there who are in your same situation. You are helping women decide to pursue TTC or not based on your experiences.
As for finding friends - I agree with everyone else. It is really, really hard. Most if not all of my friends are my co-workers. Join a group like the book club or the theatre. One time I even joined a group for Teddy Bear collectors. I know crazy but I at least I had other people I could talk to who weren't 5. :)
Don't let Z bother you. There are people out there who think they are being nice and helpful when they are really bringing us down. They don't see the horror they are doing cause they think they are good. You know your struggles and you know what is right for you. No one knows you better than you. And the only one you have to answer to is God. He would have let you know by now if this is not in his plan for you.
Grace

July 01, 2005 3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home