Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

The Plan

The nurse called me back today to go over my "calendar" for my Follistim cycle. She seemed very confused by the fact that we were looking ahead to the next cycle when we didn't know if this one would work or not...That didn't make sense to me. I would think that you have to plan ahead for involved cycles like this. In any case, here is the plan:

CD1 call the clinic. Schedule baseline ultrasound. Order meds.
CD2 or CD3 baseline ultrasound CD3 evening begin meds.
CD8 come in for follow up ultrasound and E2 blood draw (this actually will probably end up being the same day of my HSG).
continue with blood tests and ultrasound until follicles reach 15mm (seems small...).
HCG trigger.
IUI 36-42 hours later. Seems late (the 36 sounds OK..but 42 seems late...maybe I will ask if I can do two IUIs?)

So yeah, I am a little worried about two things. First, 15mm seems small for triggering...this last cycle they weren't happy when one was 20mm and the other 17mm, we waited one more day. Second, over 36 hours post HCG trigger sounds a bit too late for me...I have been having the IUI between 24-30 hours post trigger, and have always ovulated on that day. (of course, no way to know at what time during that day...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home