Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

16dpo

Yep, it is 16dpo, and I went in for my beta this afternoon. When I was walking over to the little place they take your blood, my RE was standing there and she was like, "oh, is it positive?". Of course, I had to tell her that no, everything had been negative but I just wanted to be sure...

Although, I didn't take any prometrium all day, so that goes to show how much I really believe this cycle is over...maybe I won't insist on the betas after all...we will see. Anyway, they are supposed to call and leave a message on my home phone sometime tomorrow with the result.

About a week ago, I received a bill in the mail for the blood I had drawn the day I got my trigger shot. They were billing me for all of the labs even though I had technically paid them when I was here that day (except for one where she screwed up and charged me 7 dollars instead of 70...that one I understood being charged for). Anyway, when I went to pay for my beta (75 dollars...doesnt seem worth it at 16dpo...it might at 14 though...), I had them look into it...and you may recall something about me not paying for that trigger shot last time? Yeah, so that is where all the money I had paid went, and that is why I was billed for the labs...so it did come back to haunt me after all. LOL.

I am feeling pretty emotional and down today. This often accompanies the arrival of AF (though I can feel emotional and down other times too, so it is not a sign per se...). Anyway, so I was really not too happy to receive an email from a lifelong friend (who reads this blog, so I apologize now, but must say it) who will be on this side of the world this summer, but finds it a "nightmare" to try and find time to get together when we will be two hours away as opposed to on separate continents...Actually, the truth is, this summer I have two friends who live on different continents that will be on this one this summer (and about 2-3 hours away at some point during their stay) and will not have time to meet...Yeah, I feel pretty friendless tonight...

Excuse me while I go cry over my marking...

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Oh Katrina - I can feel the pain and sorrow in your post both for your worry about a failed cycle and your friend who finds it too much of a hassle. I am hoping and praying over here that you are wrong about your cycle outcome and you get positive beta results. I hope that tomorrow is a better day for you. I wish this process wasn't so hard, long, and bumpy! Debbie

June 09, 2005 3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Sorry you are feeling down..Hope it all works out for you Katrina!

June 09, 2005 7:39 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thank, Debbie, for your kind words. :) They are definitely appreciated. My beta results were negative, as I suspected, so I am ready to move on I guess...

Thanks, Michelle!:)

June 09, 2005 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home