Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, May 21, 2005

TWO! TWO! I GOT TWO!!

You may be able to tell from the title that I am just a little excited about my ultrasound this morning.

 

It was funny, the weekend doc this weekend is Dr. S., the man who is always called to do my IUIs because he is the only one to find my cervix. We have never met when I was sitting up and looking at him until today and he had no idea who I was until I told him he was the one who had done my last two IUIs. LOL.

 

Anyway, my appointment was bright and early at 7:30 am. I needed gas and wanted to pick up my free latte at Safeway, so I left at 6:30...bad idea on a Saturday morning as that had me down in Seattle at 7, waiting for the clinic to open. Finally, around 7:15ish I saw a couple go inside, so I made my way inside.

 

Dr. T. (my RE) was supposed to have ordered some lab tests, E2 and LH, but apparently she didn't, so I had no bloodwork done. Dr. S. came in and I was stunned to find on my RIGHT ovary (I think this is the first time on my right): 2 (yes, two!!!) follicles. How exciting! One was 17mm and the other 20mm. My lining was not so great at 8.8, but he said anything over 7 was acceptable...In order to give the 17 a little more time to mature, I go back in for another ultrasound tomorrow morning. I made the appointment for as late as possible, which was 8:45 am, not very late, because I won't be able to get in for my IUI until after 3 on Monday. I guess it doesn't hurt to mix up the amount of time between the trigger and the IUI. If I get in at 3, it will be 30 hours...I have been doing 24 hours, and I know that with IVF and stuff they do 36, so maybe this will be good...

 

Anyway, I stopped at school on my way home to get some work done, so I should get to work. I am just so excited to finally have TWO follicles! WOOHOO!

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Woohoo!! I hope those are the little two that could.

May 21, 2005 6:37 PM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - This sounds like a very promising cycles. Both follicles sound like the right size/maturity. And, personally, I think a 36 hour trigger is more the standard. Of course, I am biased as this is what my clinic/dr. does. I have heard as far as linings go that anything over 8 is good and you are well over that. I so hope this is it for you. Deb

May 22, 2005 8:47 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks Laura and Debbie! :) I am feeling good and optimistic about this cycle today! :)

May 22, 2005 3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina:

Hello my name is Jen :) You asked on the NWCRYO site about donor 836 I used him for two cycles on my second one I became pregnant. I am now 8 weeks, I wish you all the best and I wouldn't give up on him!

Jen

June 10, 2005 3:35 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Jen! It always helps to know that someone has been successful with your donor. Apparently, I was a little successful this last month, but it didn't stick around...maybe next cycle!:)

June 11, 2005 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home