Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Just some thoughts...

Just a bunch of jumbled thoughts today for you.

I have been toying with the idea of adding a home insemination with my IUIs....I don't know if that is logical or not...

I am getting very disgusted with mould or something black on the edge of one corner of my bathtub...I have had this problem since I moved here, try to remove it with various mildew cleaning products that I buy which involves some serious scrubbing and just never gets rid of it completely...Any ideas?

One of my main reasons for wanting a house was to have a garden. And now I am finding that I am such a scaredy cat when it comes to insects and mushrooms...what the heck is that??? So yeah, today, I went to water the garden and there were these huge mushrooms growing, and I was so freaked out to touch them, so I kicked them over as best I could..LOL. Let's not even go near my intense reaction to slugs...a very common problem here in the NW. Last year, after my uncle showed me there were slugs under my peas, I let all my peas die without being picked because I was too freaked out...Oh yeah, I have some serious issues;) LOL

I spent much of my morning looking at adoption agencies which do international adoptions in China. Not sure what that is about. I do think I will be successful in adopting domestically eventually....won't I? I don't know.

Then I spent some time thinking about how if I just gave up this crazy quest for motherhood, that I would have spending money to travel...Which got me excited, and then sad again when I thought about how I just don't seem to enjoy traveling on my own much anymore.

Well, my garden should be sufficiently wet enough now that I can lay out some slug bait. Must go!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kat,

I had mould growing up the wall of my bathroom. It turned out the toilet was loose and icky stuff was leaking into the floor and then crawling up the wall of the bathroom. Mould always needs some kind of water to make it grow. You need to identify the water source.

Rae

May 14, 2005 7:40 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Are you sure it's mold? I worked as a housekeeping supervisor at a 5 star/5 diamond resort and there was one tub that no matter what I sprayed on it or how hard I scrubbed, the "mold' woulnd't go away. I finally called engineering, and it turned out that it wasn't mold. It was actually the cast iron tub - the grount and enamel had worn away and what I was seeing was actually the tub itself.

May 15, 2005 7:42 AM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

You can get black mold down in sealant around the tub which will never come out. Just get a razor blade and cut the sealant away and put some new mold resistant sealant in its place. A 10 minute job that will make it look like new.
The best way to spread mushrooms is to kick them, bwahaha. The spores go everywhere. Change the PH in your soil, in the NW throw some lime in your yard to lower the acidity.
Cutting back on the moss and other habitat items will probably reduce the slugs but not get rid of them completely. Don't use to much around acid loving plants.

May 15, 2005 6:51 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Ewwww, slugs! I'd have probably left the peas to shrivel up and die too! LOL. I had a slug problem in OH and someone suggeted leaving out shallow pans with beer in it - not sure why but he swore it would work. I never tried it - just went to the garden center and bought whatever they recommended, some sort of pellets, and it helped some. Good luck getting rid of the mold - I usually use good old bleach and water.
CarolynG

May 17, 2005 7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home