Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Is it Sunday?

So, yesterday I had some horrendous cramping while teaching. It kind of tamed down a bit by the time I got home, but I figured since I was so tired and still a bit crampy, that I would take an Aleve and head to bed.

Oh yeah, I sure slept...

And slept, and slept...right THROUGH my alarm, until 8 am!!!! Now, I usually get up at 5 am and am at school at 6:15, but I HAVE to be at school by 6:50...

I looked at the clock and my first thought was "oh good, it's Sunday, I need to get up if I am going to make it to church...", and then just as quickly I realized, HOLY COW, it is NOT Sunday and school has started!!!

I was so freaked out. I ran into the living room, grabbed the phone, and tried to call the school, but I don't know the number to talk to the office, and can only think of Jan's number, so I call her and tell her I am coming and can she please call the office. I got dressed, fed the cats (why didnt they wake me up??? they usually do....but then again, so does the alarm usually wake me up...), grabbed a Costco muffin to eat on the way (thank goodness I went to Costco Monday night to pick up my Clomid), and ran out the door.

I felt so sick to my stomach the whole way...I mean, of all the times to sleep in, it had to be during these three weeks when I am doing my ESL internship!!! As soon as I got to class (just before 2nd period starts...and first period is my planning period so I didn't get any pay docked...that was lucky), I called the teacher I am teaching with for my internship and she was very understanding...but still. I am still so embarassed,...and now of course I have to extend my internship one more day into a fourth week which kind of sucks...

Oh man. What a day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh gosh..so sorry! Hope you are feeling better.

May 10, 2005 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed your school starts so early. Is this common in the Seattle area? If so, what is the rationale? The schools around here (Ontario, Canada) all start sometime after 8:30.

Rae

May 11, 2005 7:31 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, girls. Yes I am feeling better, and even made it to school on time this morning;)

Rae, I was absolutely amazed myself when I moved here from Canada...it makes no sense to me. We have had two votes as a staff to change our starting time to one hour later (we currently start at 7:05), but both have failed. I don't know if this is the same everywhere, but the high schools in my school district all start rather early, and the elementaries at a normal time...makes no sense at all if you ask me.

May 11, 2005 7:35 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Ugh, nothing worse than a late late start. Rushing around and getting somewhere late when you are normally on time.

Our schools start early, dajah has to catch the bus at 6:30a and has to be at school at 7:05 even if we drive her. Middle school starts later, then the elementary schools. Everyone uses the same buses since cost cutting and lack of bus drivers is a problem.

I find I have to swap alarm clocks every year to keep getting up on time. I never had that problem in my youth, lol.

May 11, 2005 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home