Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Enlisting your help...

OK. I have been plugging away at my midterm for about an hour and a half. I am now enlisting your help in finding these items in the following story:
a) two adverbials expressed by prepositional phrases (once I figure out what that means, I may be able to find them..LOL)
b)two different abstract nouns (I understand "abstract noun" but do not see any in this story..
c)a sentence with an adverb clause (Actually, I am sure I can do this one as soon as I review adverb clauses)
d)two verbs that are generally not used in the progressive aspect

Here is the story:

The Telephone Call

Camille was three years old. She lived in a small town in France with her mother and her father. Her father worked far away in the city, and her mother was a housewife.
One Saturday, when the whole family was at home, Camille’s mother suddenly fell on the floor. Her eyes were closed and she did not move. Camille’s father called the doctor on the telephone. The doctor came to help Camille’s mother, and in a few days she was well.
One day she fell down again. This time, Camille’s father, who was at work in the city, could not help. Camille was alone at home. She looked at her mother on the floor and she was afraid. She started to cry. Then she remembered what her father did last time when her mother was sick. Camille went to the telephone. She did the same thing her father did. She pushed some numbers on the telephone.
A man answered her call. His name was Claude Armand. He was an engineer. His office was in the city. He did not know Camille. At first, he did not understand her.
Camille said, “Mommy, Mommy!”
“Where is your mother?” asked Claude Armand.
“She is lying down,” said Camille. “She can’t get up.” Camille started to cry.
Claude Armand wanted to help Camille. He asked her where she lived.
“Near my grandma,” she answered. She was only three years old and had not learned her street or her town yet.
Claude Armand said to her, “Don’t put down the telephone. Talk to me some more. Tell me about your daddy. Where is he?”
He asked a lot of questions. While he was talking with Camille, a friend in his office called the telephone company. She told the person in the telephone company about Camille’s trouble. She said that they had to have the girl’s address. The telephone company told the police about the problem, and the police told the government in Paris. The government gave its approval to the police. The police said that the telephone company should give Claude Armand the address.
And all this time, Camille was talking with Claude Armand on the phone. She told him about her house and her family. She told him about her grandparents, her friends, and her little cat. They talked for 45 minutes!
Then the police were at Camille’s house with the doctor. They called to her and rang the doorbell. Camille said good-bye to Claude Armand and went to open the door. Now she was not alone anymore. Now her mother was okay.

3 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

YEAH Kari! Thanks!:)

April 30, 2005 1:00 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

If I didn't speak English I would have forgotten everything by now. I am no help on this one.

April 30, 2005 8:26 PM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Okay, LOL, must be the preggo hormones, because the story just made my cry! What a caring man! Reminds me of when I was 16 and ran out of gas on my way home from work in front of a funeral home. There was a real estate office next store and an older man was still working. I went in to ask him if I could use his phone to call my mom and then just started balling. The poor guy, I think he thought I had been attacked. When he found out that I had run out of gas, he went and bought some and put it in the tank so I could make it home. He didn't want to worry my mom. I never forgot that guy.

Anyway, glad you got it done!

Debbie

May 02, 2005 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home