Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

IUI tomorrow

I had my cd14 ultrasound today.

Because of WASL (state testing), our schedule at school is all screwy and so today first period (my planning period) was actually in the last slot of the day and I thought I would leave just a little early so as not to worry about traffic for a 2:45 appointment. So, I got in my car at 1:55, and I couldn't get out because the buses were blocking the exit! LOL. I ended up getting out of there around 2:10 but still made it on time. Arrived at the clinic around 2:35, and by 2:41 I was sitting in the ultrasound room. I marveled at what good timing I seemed to have...

I got tired, and lay down. Once or twice I thought I heard my door open, so popped up, but no go. Finally at 3:37, I got dressed and went back out to the nurses station. I think I got forgotten! LOL.

Anyway, they apologized and by 3:45, the next available doctor, Dr. K. came in to do my ultrasound. My lining was great she said at 10.7 and the triple layers that they like to see. 20 or so small follicles (this is the first time anyone has actually counted how many little follicles I get...its because of the PCOS) on the right ovary..nothing new there. BUT, then she looked on the left, and a whopping 26 (or was it 27?) mm follicle ripe for popping! LOL. She said she expected me to ovulate very soon. Since I had not had a positive OPK that afternoon (or anytime this cycle for that matter), I got an HCG trigger shot and scheduled my IUI for tomorrow at 3:15.

When I got home, I realized I also needed to schedule my acupuncture appointment so that is at 2:30. I have to figure out whether to take off half a day, find someone to cover my last class, or just pray I get there on time...I will probably do the last one...

LOL. Anyway, think good thoughts for me tomorrow...I am off to Bible study!:)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Katrina!! I hope it works out wonderfully!!

April 21, 2005 8:17 AM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

FWIW, my lead follicle was 27 on the cycle I got preggo on at the time of IUI. I hope the same holds true for you. Debbie

April 23, 2005 9:05 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Michelle.

Debbie that is great to hear!:) I was worried because I thought it sounded too big...I continue to feel hopeful for this cycle. :)

April 23, 2005 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home