Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, April 15, 2005

Church quest

The quest continues.

Today, finally, I called a couple churches. I really didn't know what to say and would slowly painfully spit out that I was looking for a new church because I had been attending a church for a year and a half and don't know one person's name. I asked about single women's groups. Neither of the churches I actually got to talk to a live person had any thing for single women. Here is the rundown:

BCA - they have a singles Bible study Sunday mornings at 11:15. This would mean that I would attend church from 9:45-11, and then go directly to Bible study which likely lasts an hour-an hour and a half. They have a women's bible study on Wed evenings.

CFC - is a large church. They look like they may have many things to get involved with, but the lady on the phone was very nonspecific. Apparently there is a singles group, but when they meet I am not sure. (on their website it says once a month). I have heard of this church for a long time and for whatever reason it has always striked me as a weird. Our conversation kind of seemed that way.

I tried three other churches but noone was answering phones. One of them is even two cities away...so about a 20-25 minute drive, but their website looked promising.

And, of course, there is the church I currently attend. It has a singles Bible study, but it is during the service I usually attend (9 am to 11). They also have weekly singles breakfasts at Dennys and (used to anyway) have occasional fun singles events like bowling and game night. I just felt so out of place the one time I went to a singles meeting...But for whatever reason, I feel reluctant to leave this church. Partially, I think, because it has a lot of things that I hope for, they just haven't been able to pull me in and include me. Another great selling point is that I enjoy their worship, but it isn't quite as demonstrative (for lack of a better word) as more pentecostal-leaning churches (which I usually attend). This is a good thing in that I wouldn't worry about bringing my mom to this kind of service. She is very anti any denomination other than Lutheran you see...LOL

I keep debating calling my current church today...but really, what would I say? "Why doesn't anyone talk to me??" LOL

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Katrina - good luck with your quest. I hope the right one comes along :).

April 16, 2005 4:51 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Monica. I don't know what to do...I did end up calling my current church, got a voice box, left a message, and they didn't call me back. And yet, I still continue to feel somewhat drawn to that church...I may go tonight to that church and tomorrow morning to BCA...that is what I should do. Yep. Now if only I can get the nerve...

BTW, did you read my note a while back that I am coming to the Hat beginning of July? Hope you will be around!:)

April 16, 2005 10:42 AM  
Blogger Monica said...

Katrina - that is great that you're coming up then. I have no plans yet so hopefully we can find a time to get together while you're here. When it gets closer we will have to e-mail to figure out a time that we can get together.

April 16, 2005 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home