Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Intriguing...

Well, a couple days ago, I received an email out of the blue from someone I have NEVER met or spoken to before. Usually, I am very skeptical about these things, but I decided, I really do need to meet people and feel connected to people, so what the hay.

So, I replied to this email from a man "from Canada". We exchanged a few short emails, and I was absolutely floored when he asked me if I had ever heard of the small city he lived in. Why was I so shocked??? Because he was from MY HOMETOWN. LOL. That was just the strangest thing ever.

We exchanged emails, he asked for a photo. Usually when someone asks for a photo, I get really annoyed. However, I am in such a weird place right now, that I thought let me just send him my photo and this will end without me getting too attached. Instead, he kept emailing and said that he would like to share his photo with me but he only has a webcam. So, I gave him my contact info for MSN and we just finished a short chat. During out chat, he asked if I had children, to which I responded no but that I would like to. Somehow, I ended up telling him about my current efforts...(why am I so damn honest about these things?) I am sure it shocked him, especially given that he is also Christian. But he quickly recovered, he knows I am trying, and while that is weird, it makes me feel better than I would if I felt I was "lying" to him.

Anyway, so this guy is kind of intriguing...stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Woo hoo! Does this mean you're going to come out this way soon ;). Tee hee! When you do manage to get back home I would love to meet you for lunch sometime in your small city... and I would bring Master Mikey with me so you can meet his Royal Highness ;).

April 14, 2005 7:14 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe Monica. I absolutely would like to meet with you and Master Mikey. :) I expect to be out there early July because my cousin is getting married (in Regina). Of course, I haven't received an invitation yet...LOL.

I don't know about this guy...we chatted some more and I don't think he will keep my interest...

April 14, 2005 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home