Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, April 11, 2005

A brand new day...

Well, I can't say that I am completely back to a more "normal" cheery state for me, but I am definitely better than I have been the past couple of days. Of course, I have the puffy bags under my eyes from the incessant crying and the day-after-crying-your-heart-out headache, but things are getting better.

I had my first appointment with the acupuncturist today. On a whim, on Saturday morning, I called my clinic and made an appointment. She also comes recommended by a local SMC.

Anyway, I didn't know what to expect. I went in and she asked me a lot of questions about a gazillion things from my general mood and anxiety (it was hard to be convincing that I am GENERALLY a happy person after yesterday...LOL), to my bowel movements. LOL. Then she looked at my tongue and took my pulse in 9 different places.

She told me to eat pineapple for 5 days after an IUI...ick. I don't like pineapple.

Then, I lay down and she inserted needles in various places throughout my body, from the top of my head down to my feet...it was weird, but it didn't hurt. Then I just lay there for 20 minutes, she came back and removed them and we set an appointment for Saturday. (I am to go in weekly plus the day of an IUI and three days after an IUI).

I can't say I felt much...no intense feeling of relaxation or anything. I did feel what I can only describe as a "swirling" kind of feeling in my abdomen. She told me it was my Qi because that area is the sea of Qi or something like that. (Oddly, I remembered when HC and I started dating and his mother told him basically that I was draining his Qi...LOL).

But, I did leave there feeling somewhat happier, the sun started shining again on my drive home, and I came home to a freshly mowed front and back lawn (this was a great surprise as I was just thinking on my way home that I had to get my act in gear and mow it today cause it is supposed to rain tomorrow).

Life is looking up.

In my despair yesterday, I had one crazy thought and one more reasonable thought. First, the crazy thought was that I could take out a newspaper ad saying I was in desperate need of a good friend...LOL. Of course, I would not do that, and that would just be craziness. However, the more reasonable thought was that I should call churches this week (including my current one), maybe even go in and meet with pastors or something, to try and find a church that is going to help me to feel part of a community. We will see...

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - I am so sorry that you are having such a difficult week. I'm just getting caught up (playing hooky from work) and sounds like you have been on the down swing of the rollercoaster the last few days. I have never felt the need for a therapist until I started this ttc process. The hormones, the disappointments, and life in general start to take its toll. I don't know any person that has come through this process unscarred. I remember all too many times that I went down the poor me path...can't find a husband, can't have a child, what is the matter with me, etc. etc. I think as hard as this is, it is normal. I have lived in the same area of 9 years now and before I joined SMC, only had a few people that I would call a close friend. It is darn hard to meet people as an adult. Personally, I think this will be easier when you have a child because you will have more forced interactions and more things in common...and less time to worry about it. I just wanted to say "hang in there" and I'm sorry. Please let me know if I can help or you want to talk. Really. It is a difficult journey. Debbie

April 11, 2005 4:04 PM  
Blogger Monica said...

Hey Katrina... I hear you on the desire to feel part of a community! I'm sort of fortunate as I live in a small town but it still doesn't always fulfill this need that I feel. I have started doing a lot of research into the concept of "co-housing" and am planning to try to put some of it down in my blog soon. I really think it would be a great way to live but there just isn't much opportunity for it here in Canada... the States are a bit different though. I have contacted a co-housing group in Calgary that has no openings at this time and am thinking I will still go up and there and take a peek around just to get a better feel.

I'm glad you're feeling better :).

April 11, 2005 7:28 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Debbie - It helps to know that it is "normal" to have these crazy emotional swings that I haven't had since like high school. I do hope that I am able to meet people post-children...

Monica - wow, are you considering moving to an area (like Calgary) with a cohousing community?

April 12, 2005 8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home