Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, April 02, 2005

I HATE Verizon

I absolutely hate, despite, detest, loathe Verizon.

Are there no laws against monopolies in this country????!!! I could have sworn there were.

I can not switch phone companies because Verizon has a monopoly in my area. I hate Verizon. I hate them. I HATE THEM!

For the 6 months or so, I have been on their Freedom plan. You pay something in the area of 60 dollars a month and you get unlimited calling to Canada and the US. Well, I decided that I really wasn't probably calling that much to Canada anymore since Liz is never home (the only friend in Canada I used to speak with on a regular basis), so I would switch to just a long distance plan. I researched it on the net, and it was 4.00 a month plus 5 cents a minute to Canada.

And then today I receive a letter thanking me for staying with Verizon (I sure as heck would NOT if I had a choice), and outlining my new plan...and surprise! rates went up yesterday (I switched on Tuesday) and now it is 7 cents a minute. Now, granted that is not as bad an increase as they tried when I first moved to this house..(from 5 cents a minute to 75??!!!!), but I still think I should have been told this at the time of my call.

So, I went online and tried to order Qwest which is who I have wanted to use for FOREVER but they are not allowed in my area because Verizon has a monopoly. And, of course, my order couldn't go through....

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

OK, back to the regular scheduled paper writing.

4 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Is there not another CLEC there? My mom switched from Southwestern Bell (SBC) to Sage and pays $25 a month for the phone service and gets so many minutes of long distance free each month. You might check into it.

April 04, 2005 10:44 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Well, the problem is that I need good rates to Canada. As far as I can tell, there are no other companies that provide local service in my area. There is only one other company that provides long distance in my area and it was bought out by verizon. Verizon sucks.

Anyway, so I just went back to my "freedom" package of 65 dollars a month for local and unlimited long distance...it's pricey, but i dont think i can do any better.

April 05, 2005 7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hate verizon too, they've been charging too much money each month, i call they fix it and then the next month they charge too much again. AAHHHHHHHH. On top of that, they ladies i spoke to today were so rude, as if i had no reason to be upset, they made me more upset

July 29, 2005 9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am in the same exact predicament right now because I live in Everett, WA. My husband and I had Verizon Wireless and canceled it yesterday due to dishonest rates that seemed to climb more and more each month. The funny thing is neither one of us used our phones very much at all. I hate Verizon and I have been shopping around all day for a better phone service provider for local landline service and I keep getting pushed back to Verizon. I hate them so much. This is exactly why monopolies should be outlawed.

July 30, 2005 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home