Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

The cat is out of the bag...

So, my mom called tonight. I thought it was a bit odd that she was calling the night before they are leaving to come see me...about 5 minutes into the conversation, she goes, "So what's this I hear about you trying to get pregnant?"

Stunned, I say, "I'm trying to get pregnant." LOL. I really didn't know what to answer to that. Anyway, so she asked a lot of questions like how I picked a donor (she was really bent on having an intelligent donor, I told her I was more interested in good family health history), questions about how it works, where I was at (when I told her I had an IUI yesterday, she asked if I felt nauseous yet LOL), the odds of conceiving, and of course, what about my health.

In all, the conversation went pretty well, and I am happy that I don't have to worry about hiding all the TTC stuff anymore.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

See? Wait long enough and the problem solves itself.

I'm happy to hear that your parents are on board with your plans, and I think it's kind of funny that her first reaction is "well, I hope it's someone smart!"

I know the news was somehow leaked to my parents sometime before Christmas (adoption and pregnancy). Since I can't possibly imagine them getting the news any other way -- it certainly wasn't me -- I think perhaps your mom and dad have known for a while.

March 23, 2005 11:56 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

How funny...we've been stressing for months over telling our parents different news. I finally bit the bullet and told my parents we're having baby #2 and leaving the US and then the next day your mom calls. LOL

I swear that it wasn't me that spilled the beans, especially since I don't know your parents.

It sounds like your parents may have known for a while and perhaps were worried about talking to you about it.

March 24, 2005 4:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrina -
I am SO GLAD that you no longer have to worry about that stress. I think it is great when you can share your worries and stress (along with good news) with your parents. I hope everything goes well and see you at the next meeting.

March 24, 2005 10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi -- I just happened to find your blog from a link from a link from some other link from a link, and had been wanting to read back through a few more entries before commenting on anything. But, what the hey, I'm here, and you've had some good news, so I'll post to say I'm glad things went so well with letting the cat out of the bag

My own mother was horrified when I told her, then asked if I was pregnant already, because, "your arms look so fat."

Which I guess was her way of coping.

(It was the TexMex food, by the way.)

I won't even tell you what she said during the discussion about adoption. Well, maybe later, after we get to know each other better :)

March 25, 2005 6:31 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Tin foiled - yeah I was surprised at her insistence on intelligence as a major criteria. There is no evidence that intelligence is genetic...LOL.

Carrie - I guess I have to believe you didn't spill the beans, but I am not entirely convinced;) LOL. No harm done, though. Glad that both of our "tellings" went better than we had expected.

Thanks, Kari! Have you moved from thinking to trying yet? :)

ls - so I am gathering you are another SMC? are you mothering or trying/trying to adopt? Welcome!:)

March 25, 2005 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home