Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Students, masters, procrastinating, and the like...

Just a hodgepodge post to let all of you in blogland know I am still alive.

I have not replied to comments the past week, but I do intend to soon...I appreciate your comments but have been busy (as always).

Students: Two strange stories of students from this past week.

First story. Last Thursday (the fateful day that my car died), at the beginning of second period, a student from 5th period comes into my room and asks, "Can I borrow your car?". Imagine my incredulity. I reply, "What??!! NO!". The student pleads and I continue to say no and finally he leaves. Now, come on, who in their right mind asks their teacher if they can borrow their car???? LOL. (5th period I find out that actually all he wants to do is change my tires for some class project...I still say no and the next day when he asks again I tell him that it is a good thing he didn't borrow my car on Thursday because on the way home it died and I would have blamed him)

Second story is not quite as bizarre, just odd. On Friday last week, at the beginning of 2nd period again, a former student shows up at my door. He motions to come there, but I am not sure if he is talking to me or what and before I figure that out, he just moves into the room and asks me if I need a T.A. for that period. I tell him that, sure, I could use him. Seconds later, in walks student from the day before, again asking to borrow my car, to which I say no again that it is now in the shop, and the former student leaves. All day, I feel kinda guilty, like I didn't answer that student correctly because I got distracted by the student who wanted my car. Then I get to thinking how strange it is that this student would ask ME if he could work with me...I mean, I don't have him at all this year, I actually called his parents on two occassions about different issues (behaviour once, inappropriate discussions about alcohol another time). Just strange. In the end, I emailed the counselor (who makes schedule changes) and said I was interested in having him as a TA, but she tells me he was supposed to be someone else's TA and she would get back to me. She never does get back to me, and I checked his schedule yesterday and he is still in physics that period..so who knows.

In other news..

Monday was my last class period for my Masters. The other students asked me what I was doing to celebrate, I told them I was going to sleep, and by 8:30pm, I was happily drifted off into dreamland.

Tonight, I am trying to write the last paper for this quarter. It is a 3-5 page reflection paper due by midnight. I actually started the evening thinking it was 2 pages...so now I am even more stressed. I hate reflection papers with a passion. I think what is even worse is that they grade them...how can you put a grade on someone's reflections?? that just seems wrong.

Well, I suppose I should get back to writing. Since TV has been hijacked by basketball, I won't be missing too much at least...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katrina~I saw your name on a Yahoo Parkinson's list and came and checked out your blog. Take care and best wishes!
Marcie
pdmomof3@comcast.net

March 17, 2005 8:14 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

TV hijacked by basketball...it's March Madness, baby! I'm a bit of a college basketball freak but not as bad as I used to be.

I'll forgive you this time for that comment. :)

March 18, 2005 4:27 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Oops...sorry for the double post. The whole basketball thing got me a little worked up. :)

How did everything work out with the car?

March 18, 2005 4:29 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Marcie. :)

Carrie I guess I can forgive your craziness about basketball, I mean, you being pregnant and all;) LOL. I am kidding. :) As for my car, I FINALLY got it back last night, total of 1700 dollars...expensive, but way less than the Ford people wanted to charge me.

March 18, 2005 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home