Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, March 13, 2005

Church Saga continued...

So this morning at church, I went in, found the women's table in the foyer, grabbed the paper with the Gclub info on it, and guess what?

Yep, patterns of grace (the other one I had emailed about..but never received a response) was no longer listed. I was very unhappy.

Then I went in, sat down, grabbed the welcome card and wrote on it that I had been attending for a year (truth is it has been a year and a half, but attendance maybe like 3/4 year) and that it just seemed wrong that I still didn't know one person's name. I mentioned that I tried the singles meeting and was the only childless person and that the whole reason I seek out singles groups is that it is too painful to be reminded that I am single and childless. I also said that I couldn't attend the women's groups because it was either on thursday morning when I obviously have to work since I am single or monday evening when I have class.

I seriously planned on putting the card in the offering basket, but I didn't...sigh. I am such a chicken.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww..you should of put it in! So sorry that you feel left out. They need to have groups where everyone can join in.

March 14, 2005 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Mother!
I'm just passing by, but... nicelly of you I was invited to your world- isn't great that we meet so many new people everyday - this is one of the most beautifull things in the world!
well, using your invitation I welcome you to someting super usefull and powerfull and... well, check this out and enjoy it or give it to everyone that you know has to have it!
my little gift for you!wish you all the best of matherhood!

March 15, 2005 7:29 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks Michelle and Cindy, it really helps to have my feelings validated...sometimes I feel guilty for not doing more to fit in..but I just don't know how. Maybe I will be brave this week and leave the card in the offering.

March 18, 2005 6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home