Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, March 21, 2005

An egg! An egg!

And not an Easter egg;)

I had my ultrasound this afternoon. When Dr. PainfulIUI (aka Dr. Pain) came in, I told her that I wasn't very hopeful for this cycle since my temps were all wacky and she asked me "so no side effects from the clomid?" (see! I am NOT crazy for thinking that lack of side effects can correlate with the drug working).

My lining was 10. She says that is OK, they want to see larger than 8, but I think it sounds kinda thin. Plus, she said it was homogenous as opposed to the layered type of lining they like to see...

Then, she moved the magic wand around and looked at the right ovary. Nothing.

She moved the wand off the other direction...and...A BIG FAT FOLLICLE! Actually, it really was quite large..23mm. I guess maybe I should have gone in on cd14 (yesterday) after all. LOL

But, since I was still not getting a positive OPK (I checked about an hour before going to the clinic), I got an HCG trigger shot. On the SMC lists and boards, women often talk about having to get up at strange hours to give themselves this shot, but they just gave it to me there and told me to come in for the IUI tomorrow. So, I will be going in for the IUI at 23.5 hours post trigger...hope that is OK.

She remembered giving me my last IUI and I reminded her how painful it was. So, she said, tell the nurse that it is hard to find your cervix and to use the large speculum right away. OH. MY. GOD. No, I don't want the large speculum, that was likely the culprit as to why I was in so much pain. It had nothing to do with finding my cervix and everything to do with her complete incompetence. Thankfully, she told she wouldn't be there tomorrow so wouldn't be able to do my IUI.

After my appointment, it took me a good hour to get home cause traffic was awful. When I was pulling into my garage, I notice there is a huge stain on the ground and it is still wet. YEsterday, my uncle told me he thought my car might be leaking, and I said I thought it was just water cause it was raining...well, surely it would have dried by then. It had been 24 hours since I had brought my car into the garage from the rain to this time...Crap. I will have to give up my car (and rent another one) AGAIN. But, I can't do it tomorrow, because I have to drive into Seattle for the IUI and won't have enough time.

Finally, I am immensely tired tonight. I had plans to come home and write a paper for my comprehensive exam, maybe do some cleaning. But I am absolutely exhausted and have a headache...I am blaming it on the trigger shot. Hopefully it wears off by morning..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

KEEPING fingers and everything else crossed for ya. can't wait to hear how it went.

March 22, 2005 4:24 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Sara! (are you Sara from the FF board?)

March 22, 2005 6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home