Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Good news/bad news

I just received an email from the vice principal in charge of the master schedule. There are 5 sections of first year Spanish again. This is good news. It means I will have only one course to plan for again, just like this year. This will be especially good should I become pregnant soon as I won't be having to start from scratch with planning second year (I taught second year Spanish my first two years, but we have since worked hard to get the first years through the first year book in first year and I have never taught with the actual second year book).

The bad news is that it looks like we are going to have to hire a third teacher (again) for one section. We did this last year and got this teacher who was absolutely incompetent. In the end, he had more seniority (in the district) than me, and I was supposed to have been bumped from my high school this year to a middle school for ONE period because of his seniority. Thankfully, we convinced him it didn't make sense to have two teachers travelling (he already taught in two schools) and that he may be better suited for the middle school, and he volunteered to take my place so I could stay put.

Now, about 2 weeks ago, I received an email from him, out of the blue. Basically, he was saying how he was having a rough time over there but he was starting to adjust. (in March)....this really scares me...I haven't even responded because I was just so shocked and confused as to why he was emailing out of the blue.

Anyway, so I am really worried that he may come back again...that would be a bad thing. It would mean a) that he would take one section of first year because he doesn't feel comfortable teaching the higher levels which would mean that I would then have two preps and b) that I may once again be bumped the following year because of his seniority.

I am also somewhat sad that I won't be teaching second year. I have been telling kids who have asked (usually those who wanted me to be their teacher) that I was going to teach one section second year next year (as per the first numbers we received...must have had more kids sign up, plus the kids I said couldn't go into second year would have been bumped back to first year).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home