Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Day 14 ultrasound scheduled

Take Three. I just wrote this beautiful post(TWICE), and it disappeared.
:(

AF came to visit this morning and so I called and scheduled my
day 14 ultrasound. I am seeing Dr. L., a man I have never met
before, for my cd14 because noone else appeared to be around
in the afternoon on the 20th. It feels a little weird seeing
someone I haven't met before, but my only other option was to
take the entire day off and see Dr. K. That seemed a bit crazy.
Interestingly, Dr. PAIN was not offered up as a possibility...did
they get rid of her?

I also ordered more sperm this afternoon. I had been hoping that
you readers would weigh in on the dilemma of the 1/4 other race
guy with the great medical history. But noone did, and I just
wasn't sure what to do, so I put him aside. For now at least.
I organized my three top choices and called in. Of course, #1
and #2 were both in quarantine. One for a month, the other until
July, so I went with #3 who happened to be the same guy I used
for my first cycle. At least I know he had a good post-thaw sperm
motility.

I was going to go to Costco to pick up my Clomid and Prometrium
for this cycle, but it is just pouring rain. I actually like
the rain, but this is a cold icky rain. I didn't relish the idea
of walking a mile to/from my car and trying to stuff everything
into my trunk as it becomes sopping wet, so I will have to go
another day. Hopefully, I can get away from school relatively
early tomorrow and make it. Otherwise, it must be Saturday since
I am due to begin the Clomid on Saturday.

I am hoping for great things cycle...However, if by chance I
do get pregnant this cycle, then I would not be able to go home
for Christmas (would be 9 months pregnant..can't imagine flying
OR driving). This will upset my mother who is the Christmas maniac...

2 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I started a comment about the 1/4 Ethnic Other sperm, but then I deleted it -- I think it's a rather silly concern.

1) Genetically speaking, your child would be 1/8 out of your race, which is equivalent to having a single great-grandparent of a different ethnicity.

In other words -- mostly irrelevant. Who can even name their eight great-grandparents?

2) If you have anxiety about explaining your home and family life choices to the world -- well, the racial makeup of your child is a very minor part of that issue.

I know you've thought about this, and I'm confident that this is an unfounded anxiety.

3) Mixed race babies are very chic these days. Ever see a Baby Gap advert? Just kidding...

April 08, 2005 12:28 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Tin foiled. While you may be kidding, I have always found children and adults of mixed race to be absolutely beautiful. :)

You are right, I am sure. I think I will throw that profile back into the yes pile. Of course, I just hope that this cycle works and I will not need to order a different donor again. :)

April 08, 2005 10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home