Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, April 16, 2005

Beautiful afternoon

The morning started off as so many here in the Pacific Northwest: cloudy, rainy with some wind thrown to really make it yucky. (without wind, I don't actually mind the rain so much..it is the cold windy rain that I dislike...)

My mom called. Dad was off freezing himself to death (uh,..I mean, golfing). We had a good conversation. It still feels weird talking to her about TTC but it isn't nearly as bad when dad isn't on the phone (I am sorry, but it is just plain WEIRD to talk about TTC when your father is on the phone...)

By the time we hung up, the sun was starting to come out and it was turning into a pretty nice day. I left for my acupuncture appointment and headed down to Seattle.

After acupuncture, I felt pretty happy (despite the fact that this one needle had hurt constantly...she said it had good Qi...whatever, it hurt LOL), it was warm and sunny and I headed home. I thought I might go out for a walk at a park. There are no nearby parks that I can walk to (at least not that I have found), so I looked up the parks department of my city on the web, and wrote down the address of a park near the water.

About this time, it was nearing 5 and I had to decide whether I wanted to go to my old church service tonight or not. I had been planning on going to the current church tonight and then a new one in the morning...But, I just couldn't get myself ready in time for tonight's service (or perhaps you could say I just wasn't motivated enough...). So, I had dinner and then headed out.

I headed to the downtown of my city, FOR THE FIRST TIME. Isn't that crazy??? I have been in this house (and this city) for over a year and a half, and I have never checked out the downtown. If I need anything, I have always done it in the city that I work in or in Seattle...

Anyway, so I followed directions to the park, but didn't find it. LOL. I found a boat launch and pulled in there and looked at people flying their kites and stuff, and turned around. Then, I decided to drive through the downtown to check out what was there...On my list to find were the main branch of the public library and the church I plan on attending tomorrow. The library, I learned this weekend from a yahoogroup for friends in my city...(how weird is that...), has a cafe attached to it where they have live music on Saturday evenings. I found the library and it looked pretty nice, much bigger and better than the little branch near my house that I stopped in once. I will have to check out the library one of these future weekends...I then found the church I will try tomorrow and it looks OK. Slightly smaller than my current church, but a good size.

I never got my walk in...(not to worry, I got my African music dancing exercise this afternoon!). So, I will have to check out some of these other parks at some point and retry the one I tried tonight (I realized when I got home that I might not have gone far enough on the road...). It was a good day, I am feeling pretty relaxed and more positive...Ultrasound on Wed, think good follicle growing thoughts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well I had hoped you would find a good church that you enjoy.

I know from experience that a good Church with good people can be a great source of support as well as fellowship!

As for me I thought while I was here I'd give you a tiny update.
God stoped our adoption. I have accepted it and now know that it is because He wants me in Full time Ministry. So Hubby and I are entering into Ministry!
Back 2 Basics Bible Ministry
we are small but strictly teaching the bible!
take care and I hope to hear from you soon.

April 17, 2005 11:44 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi, Gidgit!:) I am sorry to hear that your adoption fell through.
:( That must be so hard...Good luck with your ministry!:)

April 17, 2005 12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home