Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

I am in love!

LOL. OK, so it isn't really love..but I am so very happy with this new church and I am just kicking myself wondering why I didn't check it out sooner, especially since it was the church I had originally intended to go to when I moved here! LOL

Today I got more email replies from both the lady at the church office as well as the singles group leader(I emailed them back yesterday), a phone call from one of the pastors, and a packet of info in the mail. I had most of the packet info already from Sunday, but they also gave me a free espresso coupon LOL. All the churches I have been to out here have an espresso stand IN THE CHURCH LOL, isnt that just the funniest thing ever??

Anyway, I am meeting one of these women tomorrow before the women's bible study. Actually, I wasn't sure whether I should go to the women's bible study or the one that the pastor had invited me to about "principles of the church" or something like that...I figured I would be more comfortable at the womens thing, especially since I think maybe the pastor's thing is for new Christians...which I am not, just new to this church. I also need to decide which small groups to join...there are so many that were suggested to me...the singles group, the quilting group (which may meet weekdays so that may be out), the international group, the walking group...LOL

Of course, I really SHOULD join the walking group, and maybe I will...but not right away. I emailed the singles group leader back telling her I would like to come to their meeting this Sunday night. I didn't find her nearly as warm as the church lady...

Anyway, I may soon go from completely unnoticed in a church to TOO involved. LOL. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger JamDaddy said...

Katrina you ding dong, of course the lady from the singles group was not as warm think about it. She sees another SINGLE female as competition - DUH! Hahaha.

Sounds like a really nice group of people. Espresso and coffee are becoming so popular they are everywhere. My "workout" room got taken over by my wife and turned into a "coffee/espresso" room. little tables and chairs, cute wall finish, all the fixins. I guess that is the new fad. Now my music room is really cramped with a treadmill, recumbent bike, and weight machine. Maybe if my wife would find a church with an espresso machine I could have my room back, hmmm.

April 19, 2005 10:26 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Espresso is the nectar of the gods, thus it is entirely appropriate to find it in the church lobby...

I start every day with an espresso lungo from the machine at the end of the hall. It's a Lavazza coffeepod machine, which is very good.

Then another at ten.

Then another after lunch (there's actually a 'cafeteria' at work, which only serves coffee).

Normally, it's just a plain coffee sometime before four.

Do you think I have a problem?

April 20, 2005 6:06 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

jamdaddy LOL. Actually, I spoke on the phone with the singles girl this morning..she was very nice and we talked almost an hour. I will meet her tomorrow before my service (she goes to the earlier service) to get a map and directions to the Singles small group tomorrow night. :)

Tin Foiled - yikes! that is a lot of coffee...how do you ever get to sleep at night?

April 23, 2005 1:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home