Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, April 25, 2005

Wasn't so bad...

Sorry to keep you all waiting, LOL. :)

It wasn't so horrible.

I got to school a little earlier than normal, and spent the time marking papers until our meeting time at 6:50. I was so nervous and worried, I was making myself sick to my stomach (would be nice if I could say it was morning sickness, but I am 99% sure it was just my nerves).

It was about 6:47, so I gathered my stuff up to head up to her room. I got there, sat down, and immediately confessed that I didn't have a unit, that I felt copmletely stupid and incompetent because I couldn't figure it out. LOL. She was good about it. She looked at what I did bring (my brainstormed list of activities), shared with me some more ideas and told me to plan the first week and then we could re-evaluate.

Anyway, then the rest of my teaching day was fine...

After school, I headed into Seattle for an acupuncture appointment. My appointment went well, and it seems this is my last appointment until my next cycle...Then, I went down to get my car from the garage, get to the window and it is 4:14 (the meter that scans your tickets, shows the time as you drive up...). At 4:16, the cost for my parking goes up by another dollar. It seems like I was lucky, right? Wrong. The parking attendant is not there..and she doesn't get there until 4:19, scans my ticket and insists that I pay her the extra dollar...I was not impressed. I argued with her for a second, but there were four cars waiting behind me, and she kept insisting she was gone for "2 minutes", so I gave in, but was very unhappy...LOL.

Then traffic was bad and it took me an hour to get home. I was hungry, and I had a craving for KFC (that happens like once in 5-10 years! LOL), so I drove that way, and assumed there was an entrance from the main road, but as I drive by, it said "exit only", so I missed it and had to keep going and gave up and went home. LOL. In the end, I made a frozen dinner and it was good and likely much better for me anyway.

Well, that was my day.

Kenya, you asked about why the Prometrium. I have a luteal phase defect which means that my body does not produce enough progesterone on its own after ovulation, so I supplement with the prometrium vaginal suppositories. They are messy, but they definitely do the trick! My luteal phase has gone from 8 days to about 16!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I'm so glad to hear the meeting went well ;) My lesson plan...well, the kids loved it :) and had fun making the posters and such...then i got to class tonight to find that my teacher scratched her cornea so we weren't doing presentations tonight...grrrrr...no biggie, she let us hand in the papers and we don't have to present :) which is fine with me because i had a migrane and now i get to sleep :)

April 25, 2005 8:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

HI Kat!
I am happy to hear that your meeting went well. I am glad that you are still TTC. I know God has given you a great heart and I know you will be a GREAT mom!

Have a good week!

April 26, 2005 6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home