Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Eventful as always...and now we wait.

Well, I had my third IUI today.

I had an acupuncture appointment immediately before (at the clinic). My appointment was at 2:30 which meant I had to leave school IMMEDIATELY after school ended (and got to miss a staff meeting!). I parked the car at exactly 2:30 and when I walked into the office, the acupuncturist was waiting for me, but said I wasn't late...

After my acupuncture, I stayed in the same room and one of the nurses came in for my IUI. She told me my sperm sample was excellent, such a relief after last month (different donor). She tried to insert the long speculum twice, changed to a longer (and skinnier) speculum, but still was unable to reach my cervix, or at least get it where she wanted it. She did comment that I had lots of cervical mucous which was very reassuring because I was worried with the big follicle, that it might ovulate too early.

After trying for about 10 minutes, she said she would get a doctor...and at first she said....DR PAIN!!!! ACK! I didn't freak, just said, "is there anyone else? Dr. S. was great, no pain at all." I also told her that the last time he had commented that if I were not pregnant, he would likely be doing my IUIs in the future.. So, she went and got Dr. S. out of a board meeting! LOL. A quick manual check of my cervix and then poof the speculum is in and, once again, I barely feel it. I have never said more than maybe ten words to this guy (different words..I have said thank you a gazillion times since he can do it so painlessly), but he is my godsend. LOL. :) He may not want to come back however...LOL...I KICKED him, LOL. I was tired of the damn stirrups and started moving my legs back to the table before he had gotten out of there! LOL.

Will I ever have an uneventful IUI? LOL. I feel very positive about this cycle....hope this is the one!:)

6 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

*crosses fingers and toes*

April 21, 2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 22, 2005 4:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck Katrina!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya!!

April 22, 2005 8:06 AM  
Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Katrina - I hope the third time is your lucky charm and this cycle is "it" for you! Don't go too crazy in the 2ww....As hard as they are, better than NOT being in a 2ww, huh? Debbie

April 23, 2005 9:03 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

Tracy (is it with an e or no e? can't remember...). I test constantly it seems. LOL. Truthfully, I begin probably at about 8dpo, but I don't start reporting the negatives until around 10dpo..however, if I ever get a positive, I am sure I will post it on my blog..no matter what the dpo!:)

Debbie you are absolutely right...much better to be in this state of I could possibly be pregnant...wonderful feeling. :)

April 23, 2005 1:38 PM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Good luck! Go go go!

April 25, 2005 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home