Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Saturday, May 07, 2005

IUI #3 update, 16dpo

Well, today is 16dpo (16 days past ovulation), and once again I tested negative. My temp is weird..it has been hovering around 97.6 for most of my luteal phase...it has gone up and down, but it always goes back there. That is weird, and I don't know what to make of it, but with repeated negatives, I just don't think I am pregnant. (trust me, when I say repeated, I mean like...probably 15 tests or more...) Also, I have had no pregnancy symptoms which appears to be unheard of in my family...

So, I am stopping my progesterone today. I will still test tomorrow morning just in case there is a Mother's Day miracle there....but I am hoping to see AF on Monday...

As I said in my last post, I am quite down about this. I really do wonder/worry if it will ever work...if I am just wasting my time and money.

I called to make an appointment with my RE (she is back from her maternity leave) to discuss my three negatives and to set up an appointment for an HSG which checks to see if my tubes are open. I couldn't get in until the 17th, so I will just do this next cycle like the previous two...150 Clomid days 3-7. I am also thinking of asking if we can do an injectable cycle during the summer when I am more able to go in for the frequent ultrasounds. Maybe we could even fit in two?

My game plan right now, I think, is Clomid this next cycle, HSG early June followed by one or two injectable cycles, back to Clomid for 3 more cycles, and quit in December...

I am also considering getting started on an adoption home study this summer....

Sigh.

3 Comments:

Blogger Monica said...

Hey Katrina... I'm so sorry. Many big hugs to you. It sounds like you have things mapped out. Hugs.

May 08, 2005 7:07 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks, Monica. The long wait drives me crazy...LOL. :) I feel a little more positive today and looking ahead once again...:)

Just 6 more weeks of school for me until summer! WOOHOO! :)

I am looking forward to meeting with you in July!:)

May 08, 2005 11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Holly Lem and i would like to show you my personal experience with Clomid.

I am 28 years old. I got preg first time on my own & miscarried. after a while of trying, my dr put me on clomid. after the first round i got pregnant & miscarried. i decided not to try or think about it at all probably for a 9 months... right around the time baby would be due & then started trying again. after a few months got back on clomid. after 5 months and no pregnancy i'm giving it a rest again. it's to much disappointment. i'm going to give it a try again soon, in the mean time we're keeping our fingers crossed for the old fashioned way to work.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
HOT FLASHES, moody, cry easily, weight gain, headaches etc!!

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Holly Lem

Clomid Prescription Information

October 22, 2008 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home