Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, May 23, 2005

Swimmers on board!

This morning began with me hitting my head on the frame of the car door and my glasses going flying. I picked them up and they were extremely lopsided so much that I could not see properly through them. So, I ran back inside and tried to find my previous pair. At first, I couldn't find them and could only find my glasses from like 10 years ago or so...that really sucked because I couldn't see a thing. Eventually, I did find my newest old glasses and put them on and ran out the door.

Today was my last day of my ESL internship. I realized on my way to the class that I had forgotten to bring a card for the teacher...

During 4th period, the mystery smoker who stands somewhere near where the air to my room comes from decided to once again have a cigarette outside...everyone was complaining, I called the office again and they told me Steve (the security guy) was out and there was nothing they could do...great.

I had a lot of ovary pains from about 10am-2:00ish..

So, you may think that after reading all of this that my day sucked...but that is not true. Someone was smiling down on me today. After school, I got downtown to the clinic in record time and I was very pleased with my 2:33 arrival (appointment at 2:30). The nurse came and got me pretty quickly and as she was ushering me into the room, I hear Dr. S. say to her "who's doing her IUI?" to which the nurse says the nurses, and he says, "I better do it". LOL. Yep, no nurses apologetically fumbling around as they can't find my elusive cervix (of course, the nurses are very personable and friendly..unlike Dr. S). The nurse came back in and told me since I was late (this is the only unfriendly nurse I have come across there...but I frequently run into her...), that it was going to be a while...So I waited, and waited, and the last time I got up to check the clock it was 3:17 and Dr. S. came in shortly after. It hurt a bit today, I wonder if that is because I already ovulated...I wouldn't call it pain, just discomfort..nothing like Dr. Pain (who I passed three times and she always smiled and said hi and I wondered if she cringed at the sight of me as much as I cringe at the sight of her...)

So, Dr. S. is not very talkative as I have said before. He did not tell me if there was any EWCM or anything. However, I always receive a sheet from the lab about my sperm sample and it was excellent again. I would like to see more rapid and linear, but when you start with 92 million, I figure you can afford to have only 26% rapid and linear...(gives a total motile count of 33.1 million). I asked him about the labs from yesterday. E2 was 468 and LH 6.3 (so I am just plain not surging for some reason...). I need to look up what the E2 numbers mean...

After the IUI, I lay there for the mandatory 15 minutes, then headed out. Stopped at the washroom because I hadn't had the time to pee since like 11 am, and there was either a little bit of blood, or a little spillage from the IUI, it was a very light light pink. I am hoping it was not spillage...Anyway, then I proceeded to pay, and they still didn't charge me for the trigger shot yesterday and I still didn't tell them (gasp!). I set up my appointment for a beta 16dpo. So, I go in on June 8th at 2:45...of course, because it is so late (but the earliest I can get there), I probably won't get the results until the next day....let's hope that I have at home BFP long before then!

In all, I think this was the least eventful IUI, and I have great hopes for my two little eggs!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!!!

May 23, 2005 6:33 PM  
Blogger Care said...

OOooooohhh! Sounds very promising! I spotted after the IUI on the cycle I conceived Connor - because I had already O'd and the cervix was closing up some. Sounds like your timing was pretty similar to mine that cycle. I am crossing all my fingers and toes that at least one of those millions of swimmers finds the target and you get great news in two weeks! ~ CarolynG

May 23, 2005 7:37 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Thanks Carolyn and Michelle!

Carolyn, I asked the RE (since he doesn't offer much on his own) whether my cervix was still open and he told me it never closes? I thought that was weird..I am sure that I have read that it closes up after ovulation (and you develop a mucous plug if pregnant)...am I imagining this?
Oh well, he is very good at inserting the speculum, LOL, and that is all I need him for...he isn't actually my RE, just my speculum inserter;) LOL

May 23, 2005 7:52 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Your speculum doctor needs a refresher course! LOL Yes, the cervix closes back up following ovulation (not sure of the exact time frame, but within 24 hours). Now if you have had a vag delivery, then it sort of looks like it isn't fully closed perhaps but that isn't the case for you. ~ CarolynG

May 23, 2005 8:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hey there - reading random blogs and I ran across yours. Life sounds interesting for you! :) I'm in WA, too... a few years younger, but not much--I'm almost 27. Hope everything goes well with this--two weeks and you'll know, eh? How exciting! :)

May 23, 2005 8:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Kat!
I'll keep praying I know how much this means to you! I have finally updated my blog and should be able to keep it up now that we are moving to the new place.
We start moving friday! So excited!

May 23, 2005 9:48 PM  
Blogger JamDaddy said...

Wow, it sounds even more exciting than the Sony PSP advertisement comment! Glad things are really rocking for you so I will say an extra prayer for your eggs and your glasses.

May 23, 2005 11:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

*crosses fingers*

I'm so happy for you :) I hope this one works for you. Things here are not as good. My surgery did not go as planned and I am now at home with IV fluids every night. Not fun. I finally get to go back to work on June 6th.

May 25, 2005 11:31 AM  
Blogger carrie said...

I'm thinking happy thoughts for you!

And on a different note, my family might be in your neck of the woods later this summer. If everything works out, I'll let you know. I'd love to meet up for a coffee or something.

I hope everything works out this time. :)

May 29, 2005 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home