Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Follicle Update

So, I went in for a second ultrasound this morning to see how my follicles were maturing.

As I sat in the exam room waiting for Dr. S, I just had this feeling like this is my child (or children!). It was a very calming and happy feeling. I hope it is true! :)

Anyway, so he came in and they had the stupid machine in the way so it was really hard to see the monitor and I had to kind of half sit up with the dildocam inside..LOL, not an easy feat.

The smaller follicle from yesterday didn't grow much, went from 17mm yesterday to 18mm today.
The larger follicle grew from 20mm to 24mm.

My lining improved today (which really helped to put my mind at ease) to 10.1 today, unfortunately still solid (not trilamater sp??).

He ordered the trigger and asked me if I had spoken with Dr. T yet about a plan of action if this cycle doesn't work. I told him yes and that we plan on doing an HSG next cycle (provided I can schedule it...I don't know if it going to be possible since it will be RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF FINALS which means I can't take any time off...) and then on to injectables. I also told him that Dr. T. had talked about checking LH and E2 this cycle. He looked it up on the computer, and she had not written that...even though we had talked about it. He said no problem, and he ordered them for me. So, I am not sure if I will get the results tomorrow at the IUI or if I will have to call the nurse on Tuesday...

After I got the HCG shot and my blood drawn, I went to pay and schedule my IUI. At first, she told me there were only two slots tomorrow for IUI at 8:30 and 9:00. I told her that was impossible as I couldn't get away from work and even more importantly, it isn't long enough from the injection (truthfully, it would be about the timing we have been using...). She called around and finally said she could make me an afternoon appointment, but only at 2:30 because that was the latest time the andrology lab could do it. I know this is not true because I have had IUIs at 3:30, but I took it. It will be a mad rush to get there, and I will probably be 5 minutes late (which I informed her of), and super stressed out, but I will get there provided there are no major accidents on the freeway...

Then she totalled up my bill for today. It came to 197 and I asked her if she was sure and if she got the labs. She said yes, and I headed out. Once I got to the lobby, I realized why it was so cheap, she had forgotten to charge me from the HCG trigger. I went home. Surely, I am going straight to hell for not fessing up...LOL

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

Hi Katrina - Feeling much less stressed after hanging out in the backyard/pool all afternoon. Glad to hear things went well today and that the lining was up. FWIW, on the cycle I got preg., I didn't have the triple line and a much thinner lining. Don't stress about being a bit late. I don't know about your office, but I have spent plenty of time waiting when they have run behind. What are they going to do, refuse to give you the IUI? Not likely, and if they did, a sure sign that another clinic may be in order. Of course, things are going to go great and this is going to be your cycle. I need more people to be preg. that I can obsess with. LOL. And, don't worry about the trigger, their billing person will probably figure it out later and ask you for it OR they are so disorganized that they don't deserve the extra money. Great attitude, huh? Switch topics, have you still been going to that new church and do you still like it? Debbie

May 22, 2005 8:08 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

hey Debbie. Glad to hear that you had a relaxing afternoon. :) Actually, I have not made it to church service in a couple weeks (this morning I couldn't because I had an ultrasound appointment, the other weeks I have no excuse). However, I did go to the Singles small group tonight. The actual study part of it was cancelled because the leader was ill, so we just visited. Just as I was leaving, the topic of me having kids came up and so I just told them (there were only two other women and one man tonight..the man was out returning his son to his mother). They were supportive and asked when my IUI was and said they would pray! Yeah! I was so relieved. :)

May 22, 2005 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home