Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Monday, May 30, 2005

Uncle to the rescue!

So, a couple months ago we had this really bad windstorm which ripped my BBQ cover to shreds. A good housekeeper (which I am definitely not) would have removed that immediately and likely would have avoided my future problem.

Fast forward to mid-May. You may recall my talking about cleaning all the BBQ parts (I think I did anyway) a couple weeks ago. After I finished, I tried to remove the shredded BBQ cover from the deck, and as I pulled on it, a swarm of wasps came up off of the deck. I was freaked out and ran inside.

I investigated a few times and finally realized that they were beginning to build a nest on my BBQ cover.

At the same time, one of my tomato plants is horribly diseased or being eaten by something...brown spots on the leaves and the leaves turn yellow and die..

So, I call my uncle and tell him about these problems. He isn't sure about the tomato problem and suggests I spray the plant and/or take a leaf to a nursery and see what they say. As for the wasp problem, he tells me he isn't too sure, but he will come up and look at it on Monday.

This morning, at 8:30, my aunt called to say they were going to come up later this morning. When the phone rang at first, I panicked thinking, maybe it isn't a holiday and I am supposed to be at school! LOL I don't know if I will ever get rid of this fear...

They came by around 10 and super-uncle to the rescue! He sprayed the wasps (which he tells me were not wasps but yellowjackets), then stomped on them LOL and then cleared away the cover. Then he pulled some weeds, looked at some plants, and came in and looked at my toilet (the handle has broken away from the little pulley thing..) and told me that I should be able to buy a new handle kit...which I will try to do today, but it might not be until tomorrow or next week...we will see. LOL

Anyway, hooray for super-uncles!:)

2 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

And, what about the all important tomatoe plant? You know I am living vicariously through you this year for tomatoes since mine never got in the ground. Inquiring minds want to know really important stuff like is it a beefsteak, a roma, cherry (my three common favorites?? Can it be saved? How is the the 2ww going? You are in a 2ww of your best cycle yet, right? Or, have I been so self absorbed, I can't even keep up with the most basic details. Your Monday sounded better than mine. LOL. I won't even tell you the on-going battle of the bee's that try to regularly camp in the depths of the mulberry tree in my front yard. I have had to go to desperate and intrigrate lenghts which involved full war gear including long pants, sleeves, gloves, and shoes; several cans of bee spray; an old rag/beach towel dosed in bee spray where I had to approach the tree while viscously spraying and stuffing the towel into the whole to close off the openning. It was quite a site and entertainment for the neigbors. This was last year. I thought I had finally won when I saw a few swarming around the tree last night when coming in from walking the dogs. Debbie

ps. only up because the cold medicine wore off and I was too stuffy to sleep, but took some more so I will be out again soon.

June 02, 2005 3:42 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hehe Well, it is too early to tell if the tomato has survived. I did go buy and 3 in 1 spray on Tuesday. It is a fungicide, miticide and something else..LOL. Anyway, when I went to go spray the plant, I saw a lot of spider mites on the pot, the first time I saw them there. If they were the problem, the plant will likely be saved because there is one area that is dead, but much of the rest of the plant has good new growth still. :)

As for the 2ww, well, it has been uneventful. No symptoms, not even being too obsessive yet about POAS. Now, the truth is, this morning (10dpo) I took a FRER and I swear I saw a very very VERY faint line (within the time limit), but I won't believe it unless I see a darker one...one that would survive a photo and everything. :) LOL. I plan to test again on Sat.

As for the wasps, they appear to be gone, thank goodness.

And finally, I know you didn't ask, but I am very proud to report that I fixed the toilet all by myself. LOL

Hope you are feeling better soon..

June 02, 2005 5:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home