Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Injections Class

So I went to my injectables class this afternoon. We learned how to do all sorts of injections, premixed things like Lupron and powders like Repronex, and the Follistim pen. It took about an hour, and most was irrelevant to me, at least I thought so. But when she went to talk about the Follistim pen she said something about the fact that I didn't have to worry about this, and I was like what? that is the ONLY drug I am using...So, now I really have no idea what I am taking. I will have to ask the RE during my ultrasound...she may not be happy since I was supposed to make an appointment with the nurse, but the scheduler wouldn't let me, said to just talk to the injections class teacher...how frustrating. Anyway, so I am now well practiced in all sorts of injections.

There was only one couple there (the other two women were married though I think, their husbands just didn't come to the class). The husband there went back and forth between being very funny and a little annoying. He wanted to know the reason/potential hazard of EVERYTHING. But then when they were talking about the PIO and HCG shots (intramuscular shots), the nurse said that they can draw on the woman while at the clinic an area in which to give the shot. The husband was quite worried about his wife and was asking about how long it was going to last, because "I don't want you to have an oval tattoo there, honey" We all cracked up.

Anyway, that was my injections class. After class, I had an hour and a half drive back in horrible traffic...and now I just finished making my second batch of cookies. (I started this my first year teaching and somehow the kids always know about it and expect it every year...)

Half day left of school! A day and a half to my ultrasound!

2 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

Congrats on your class. Hopefully you don't have to use what you learned, though. :)

If you ever want to make an extra batch of cookies and send them this way, I know a certain pregnant woman who won't say no. Of course, I should probably wait until I take my glucose tolerance test next week before gorging myself on cookies.

June 22, 2005 1:06 AM  
Blogger Care said...

Mmmmm....cookies! :-) Glad you got your class done, but I also hope you don't need to use this new knowledge. ~ Carolyn

June 22, 2005 7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home