Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, June 10, 2005

A little positive ?

Wow, what a long week it has been.

At school, I feel like I just can't get caught up and there are only eight days to get my act together! YIKES!

I went in for my beta on Wed as you all know. I didn't get a call back until late yesterday afternoon, saying it was negative. I wasn't too surprised. AF arrived this morning and by early afternoon I was really feeling the cramping (still am, but just drugged up on Aleve).

Since AF arrived, it is day 1 and time to plan on all the exciting appointments for this cycle. So, I called the clinic this morning right when they opened and gave a list of appointments I needed to make and she said, "OK, I will call you back as we are pretty booked." What??!! This was craziness..anyway, I told her that I could really only answer the phone up until 8:25 and surprisingly she did call back. Out of the three appointments I needed to make, she made only one for me, the injections class. Apparently, there are absolutely no appointments in the afternoon for HSGs, funny since they won't let you make the appointment until you get your period?? I told her it was impossible to come in the morning because it is finals and I teach high school...There also were no appointments in the afternoon for an ultrasound on cd13. An ultrasound people!! This takes about 10 minutes. I will have to call back and say cd14 will be ok since that is the first day of summer vacation...

Anyway, so I was quite annoyed with the clinic. I told her what was the point of the injections class if I didn't have an HSG? She said she would see what she would do and call me back...that was eight hours ago.

I had a student stay after school today for help. I really was not very patient with him as I was having horrible cramps and just wanted to take some Aleve and lay down. As soon as he left, I ran out the door.

I got home just in time to receive a phone call from my RE. This is the first time I have ever spoken to my RE on the phone. I thought she was calling about trying to schedule the HSG, but she wasn't. She called to tell me that I had actually had a "little positive" result on my beta. She said it was low enough it would never have made it (although I have heard stories...), but that it meant that there was an embryo that implanted somewhere briefly. This is exciting news. She wanted to know if in light of this, I wanted to continue with our plan to do injectables. I said that yes, in light of the scheduling nightmares, I had best do some injectable cycles in the summer. We talked about the problem scheduling the HSG and she said that 1) I could do an injectable cycle without the HSG if I wanted but that she thought that 2) I should just have the HSG with the next cycle.

So, woohoo! I can make embryos! Woohoo, I get to avoid the HSG one more month!

Now back to my marking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home