Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, July 10, 2005

HOME!

Yes, I am finally home this afternoon. I will try to keep my update as brief as possible, but I have been gone a week...LOL

Sunday my parents picked me up in Calgary and we went shopping before we headed back to their house.

Monday, after testing with a FRER and getting a BFN, I went out to mom's school and helped her pack up all her stuff (she retired this year) all day long. Monday evening, I got to meet Monica and Mikey! We met at Boston Pizza and had a wonderful time getting to know each other, in real life. :) Mikey has the best smiles ever, and he sure keeps Monica on her toes!:)

Tuesday, I headed back out to the school with my mom and helped her once again the entire day. That evening I visited with Liz and her family...I swear the kids grow like wildflowers! LOL.

Wed, I tested again with a FRER and got a faint line, but it was really really faint so I thought, well, maybe I had waited too long and it was an evap line or something. Then, I headed out to school, AGAIN. We had lunch at Liz's parents' place. I hadn't seen them in years. Don't remember what I did Wed night, I know that I was moving all these heavy boxes around all week for my mom, and by Wed I was getting worried...what if I really was pregnant and hurting the pregnancy...

Thurs, out to school once again, back into town to meet with some other relatives for supper.

Fri, I tested again with a FRER (I brought a pack of 3) and got a darker, but still faint line. I convinced myself I was pregnant. Then, we headed out bright and early to pick up my grandma and then head off to Regina. Once there, we met up with my uncle and went to his restaurant for supper. He had to leave for the wedding rehearsal and we went to see War of the Worlds. I knew mom wouldn't like it but she thought she would...LOL. I was tense throughout the movie and kept worrying once again that I might hurt the pregnancy..

Saturday was the wedding. None of us (mom, dad, grandma nor I) had brought our wedding invitations. I thought it started at 3, grandma said 3:30. Dad wanted to get there early, and we arrived at 2:30. We were horrified to see a wedding in progress, thinking we had missed it. Thankfully, it was not them and we drove around for about 40 minutes before coming back. The wedding was nice. We headed out for dinner (BPs again LOL), and then off to the dance. Not drinking there was a bit awkward at first, and I was shocked that mom didn't get my eye contact when she was trying to pour me glass of wine for toasts. My uncle's band played about 5 songs. They were pretty good. He gave me his new CD and I like the Canada Day song best (everybody say eh!). We finally headed back to the hotel around 12:30.

I tried to sleep...but knowing that I had to wake up in 4 and a half hours, plus the intense nausea I had (I blame it more on being exhausted than anything else), I never really slept. Sunday morning (today) I caught my plane and came home. I tested with two more HPTs, one is a Fact Plus and the other just an internet cheapie, and there are still faint lines there. Actually, the Fact plus isn't as dark as I may like, but it is definitely darker than any of the others have been. Keeping in mind this wasn't FMU, I think I can safely believe myself to be pregnant. Going to try to get in for a beta tomorrow, but I have class from 7-3:30 and don't know when I will get a chance to call and see if I can come in...

6 Comments:

Blogger Deb2You2 said...

CONGRATULATIONS! CONGRATULATIONS!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

A line is a line is a line, no matter how faint. And, I never really got a line darker than the control line even after a decent beta number. I am so happy for you!!

Sounds like you did more work than vaction this week, but I wouldn't worry about it hurting the preg. As I just finished telling my cousin...people lift their 30 - 40 lb kids all the time when preg. for the second, third time, etc. As my Doc said, if it viable, there isn't really anything, especially that early, to cause it to fail.

Yeah for Katrina!!

Debbie

July 10, 2005 1:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOOWWWWWW!!!

July 10, 2005 1:50 PM  
Blogger carrie said...

Keeping my fingers crossed(and toes...and legs...well, you get the picture :) ) for you!

Like everyone else has said, I wouldn't worry too much about hurting the pregnancy. On New Year's Eve this year, I drank a whole bottle of champagne by myself...only to realise later that at the time I was about a week pregnant. Oops! The same thing happened the first time around...not to mention the fact that I was working 70 hours a week when I conceived Enzo. Plus, I have a 40 lb toddler who loves to be held and loves to jump on me.

But enough about me...what I'm trying to say is that I'm sure you're fine!

July 10, 2005 5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are, in fact, pregnant.

Congratulations! Exciting!

I hope your good luck carries over to me :)

July 10, 2005 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I have been following your journey for about 6 months now and it is great to hear your news. I have PCOS and am about your age (just turned 31 yesterday) and am FINALLY ready to through my hat into the SMC arena. I have had some preliminary testing done and am hoping to start ttc in August. Please send some stick baby dust towards Ohio :) Again Congrats and best wishes for a healthy 9 months!!!

July 11, 2005 8:13 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I can't wait to hear the results of your beta. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 11, 2005 8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home