Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Thanks for letting me get that out...

It's funny. I had all these worries, and they felt so real. But after I wrote about them all, I realized I was just being silly.

So, last night I wrote in my baby journal. (it's a blank journal by the way because I didn't want to have to leave half blank of the commercially prepared ones with all the slots for "dad"). It felt nice and I think I wrote like 4 pages or something. I had no idea that I hadn't written in there since LAST AUGUST! LOL

Then, this afternoon, I decided to do the acu-gen testing thing. I opened it up and followed the instructions, first registering and paying my $250 lab fee. Next, I opened up the blood collection part. Oh. My. God. I should have opened it first, I would have realized it was impossible without opening a vein somewhere...There were three HUGE circles that were to be "completely" filled. They give you two non reusable lancets in order to this. Two non reusable lancets. Two. Are you kidding me??????? LOL After I poked myself with both, I had about 1/8 of one of the three circles filled.

Thank goodness I am diabetic and had my own lancets. So, I went and grabbed them. I poked and poked and squeezed and squeezed until I had poked every single finger on both sides (you poke on the side of the finger, not the pad) at least 3 times each. I stopped every now and then and cried, literally. I was in so much pain, it felt absolutely impossible that I would ever fill them up. I posted for help on one of the pregnancy boards, but noone was around during that time I guess...(they replied after I was almost finished..saying to poke my toes...how would I do that and get the blood in the right place without touching the paper?? I am not that dextrous or flexible). A little over an hour later, (yes, an HOUR later), I decided that was good enough. I pray that it is.

I found a fedex shipping centre that was still open for another 20 minutes and ran over there as quick as I could. Just made it by two minutes, LOL. I don't think it will go out tonight anyway, but hopefully bright and early in the morning. And now I wait...I suspect I will get the results on Monday. I sure hope there was enough blood on there....

6 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Well they say 48 hours after they receive the sample. But I don't think that includes weekends so I am thinking Monday. Now I am a bit freaked out that I don't have all the right information to get the results...man I hope so. LOL:)

August 03, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Oh, and I emailed last night when I was having so much trouble, and they replied this morning saying that if I didn't get enough blood on there, they would refund my money and I could decide if I wanted to do it again.

August 03, 2005 12:06 PM  
Blogger Care said...

Ouch - that sound painful! Hope all that torture produced enough blood to tell the gender. How exciting to be able to find out this early! ~CarolynG

August 03, 2005 6:14 PM  
Blogger Aya said...

I'm having trouble figuring out what to put in the father's info part of the baby book too. I admire you for choosing to raise a child alone.

August 03, 2005 7:46 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Care - it was definitely painful, some of my fingers STILL hurt. :( Aw well, it will be worth it when I find out next week already!:)

soon-to-be-mom, I just bought a blank journal. This way I could write "letters" kinda to my child and tell them what is going on, without having to worry about a section for dad in the premade books. I see you are due pretty soon though, so its probably too late for the pregnancy, but maybe for after the child is born you might want to consider it?

August 04, 2005 5:32 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I am so happy for you!

August 04, 2005 7:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home