Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, July 13, 2004

What to do?

I know you are dying to know what has happened to me since my last installment. How dare I not post for four whole days?! Hahaha.

Well, Saturday was D-day. I started that dreaded "d" word. Everything was fine and dandy at breakfast. Forced myself to eat/drink some less than tasty things like mushrooms in my breakfast cups and a can of icky vegetable juice (well, I was only able to force down about 1/3 of it). Made it through my snack of a mozzarella stick (ick..cheese by itself is icky), and my lunch of salad with sliced turkey breast and a balasmic vinaigrette (sp?). I would have finally enjoyed that meal if it wasn't for the vinaigrette. Then I had my snack of celery and Vache qui rit. All was well. Then at 3:00, I had the worst cravings ever, I felt like I was climbing the walls, I was hungry, I was unhappy, life was hard!!!! But, I made it through some how and lived the whole weekend with only one "cheat" and that was a spoonful of "illegal" peanut butter. It would have been legal if it were sugar free, but then it wouldn't have helped with my sugar cravings. :)

Then came Monday. This week and next are busy busy as I am taking two one-week long courses on top of my four grad courses. I had decided I would head to Subway and get one of their salads for lunch on Monday, would have been legal and I would stick on track. However, Carol had coupons for this sandwich like thing at Jack in the Box and invited me, so off we went. It was NUMMY. Then when I got home, I ate what was listed on the menu for supper. BUT, I had a research proposal to write which took me FOREVER and it was awful, and it was down to have some crackers or anything with carbs or sugar or have a smoke. I chose some graham crackers.

Today, I decided to try the turkey bacon with my eggs for breakfast. I was a little tired of the breakfast cups. Let me advise you now, never try the turkey bacon, it was absolutely disgusting. I had the tiniest bite and couldn't eat any more. I am also getting really tired of eggs for breakfast...I am going to go insane soon. Lunch I had a gyro which was likely not too great for the diet, but it was absolutely tasty. :)

So, four days in and I feel like I have already failed. I have not lost one pound despite drinking copious amounts of water and eating no carbs except at lunch. I don't enjoy most of the foods I am supposed to eat, I am so tired of eggs for breakfast and chicken breast (there are only so many ways to prepare chicken breast with no carbs/no sugars and low fat things and no accompaniments)at supper...argh!!!

I really want to lose weight as I think it will make it easier for me to try to conceive (TTC), which, by the way, I am getting really excited about. I have received info on clinics around here and prices and I really want to try next year. I don't want to have to go to the desperate means of surgery (either the Lap-band or bypass), but I don't what to do at this point.............

4 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Don't give up!Making a couple of mistakes in the first day isn't serious -- just do your best and pretty soon it will be second nature! I repeat, don't give up. Keep blogging about it if it helps. I can be a one-man support group!

July 15, 2004 3:05 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Another day, another diet. Just sending my best wishes to keep your courage up -- I know you can be determined and motivated, especially if you keep in mind WHY you are dieting (good health and better chances of conception). One day at a time, and every day easier!

July 16, 2004 1:10 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Just a little comment to mark your one-week anniversary of your last post. Let's hear more!

July 21, 2004 4:20 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Just a little comment to mark your one-week anniversary of your last post. Let's hear more!

July 21, 2004 4:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home