Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, July 02, 2004

Neighbours

They say that neighbours are really important when you buy a home. The truth is, I never gave them much thought when I was looking around. I have lived in apartments for about 10 years or so and can't really say I got to know too many of my neighbours, I usually keep to myself.

Well, that has changed. It seems that when you move into a house, or at least a house in the States, neighbours are very much a part of your life.

While I was ironing out the last details of inspections and getting keys and stuff back in September, I think I met at least 8 of my neighbours. They all seemed rather friendly, though the truth is, I haven't heard much from many of them since then.

Except Rosie. Rosie lives next door and it apparently is her duty in life to watch out for me. She has come to my door on at least three occassions making sure that I have her phone number in case I need help with anything. She is frequently outside (doing what I am not always sure) to greet me when I come home. Today, however, I found out another of her secrets. There has been a mysterious person who brings back my garbage cans most weeks on garbage days. One time, I thought it was Rosie's husband and I thanked him when I saw him fiddling around with his motorcycle. He insisted it wasn't him and he didn't know who it was. Today, however, since it is summer vacation and I am not at school on a Friday morning, I sat near my window with the blinds slightly opened and awaited the mysterious person. Who was it? Truth is, I missed them! ahahhaha Maybe it is a ghost! But I did see Rosie out fiddling in the yard shortly after the garbages returned, I am sure it is her!

I also have some kids down the street who love to help me out. They frequently come by and ask if they can mow the lawn, pick weeds, wash my car, sweep the deck. It has really been a godsend since many of these things were forgotten when I was in the midst of work school and school school. On Monday this week, Sidney and her friend (don't know friends name) came by once again. Friend wanted to wash the car and Sidney wanted to mow. Great I thought! I have come pretty comfortable with them and even left them on their own this time. I really appreciate all the help......BUT....this time, I should have paid more attention. I just noticed today that Sidney unplugged the wrong cord to plug in the lawnmower, and everything (including the hamburgers for my BBQ tomorrow) was ruined in my freezer...sigh...I guess it really was too good to be true.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I'm going to get a comment on every single one of your pages. Hooray for me!

Anyway, your neighbours sound really great, and a wonderful place to build a family and community. You are really lucky!

Some of your previous neighbours were horrible, horrible people best forgotten (I even CHARGED your parents to mow their lawn).

July 07, 2004 5:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home