Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, June 25, 2004

Joining the world of blogging

Funny that I should find myself doing this. I have always lamented the numerous journal assignments that are required in the study of Education. Somehow, this is different. I feel a purpose in this, or at least I hope there will be.

So, first let's begin with who I am. My name is Katrina. I am 29 (for one more month) and single. Currently, I teach Spanish full time and am studying to work towards my M.Ed. full time as well.
I love to travel, knit, quilt, read, listen to music, but most recently, obsess over adoption.

Yep. That's right, I am hoping to enter that crazy world of single motherhood, by choice. Some people think I am crazy, heck, so do I sometimes!

I only revealed my plans to my mom a couple months ago, haven't even broached the subject with my dad. My friends have heard me talk about it for years, some more than others of course. I was very scared to bring the idea up with my parents as I thought they would frown upon single parenting, but my mother has been rather supportive.

I have been researching adoption for at least 5-7 years. However, I was never "ready". Now, I feel like I am almost ready, need to finish up my Masters degree and save money. Ever since moving into my house, I have considered one of the bedrooms the "baby room" and I have great plans to paint and prepare that room this summer! I have read a ton of books and websites already, and my summer reading list is filled with books on adoption, single parenting, transracial adoption, etc.

While I think I have chosen an agency, I continue to search. I don't even know why, I like the agency here in my state. I am just worried that I won't be chosen by a birthmom (I want to try domestic adoption first to get a newborn). I am an avid reader of the forums at adoption.com and I have joined the single adoptive parent email list.

Well, that was a very long introduction to my life right now. As you can see, all I think about these days seems to be focused on adopting...and it's still a year away! My hope is that posting on here will help me talk through everything and (maybe) stop obsessing!:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katrina said...

Just seeing how this works!

July 02, 2004 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home