Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, July 04, 2004

Help! I think we are being bombed!

Haha. OK, so that was a little bit dramatic. However, for anyone who didn't grow up in the U.S., you will feel the same way on your first 4th of July in the U.S.

It is absolute craziness here. I honestly have checked out my doors a couple times because I thought something fell or was hit near me. It is THAT LOUD.

In Canada, celebrations are much more organized. The city spends a lot of money in buying fireworks (it's illegal for the average citizen to buy them), and everyone brings out their lawn chair and scouts out the best place to watch them. Wonderful. Civilized.

Here, apparently every house feels it is necessary to outdo the next. I don't have to leave my home, I can watch fireworks all night on the 3rd and the 4th of July. I can HEAR fireworks or firecrackers ALL DAY AND NIGHT from the 2nd to the 4th. I seriously mean all day. I was awoken this morning at 7:30 AM to firecrackers.

I would like to celebrate my independence in peace...did anyone think of that????

1 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hmm. Should you refrain from blowing things up because there might be someone that wants peace with their independence?

I don't think so. I rather think that the tradition of neighbourhood children blowing their fingers to bloody stumps and deafening their tender ears outweighs your distaste for threatening and dangerous nouse.

Besides, any day that the population can take to the streets with explosives OPTIONALLY is a good day.

All my best and happy Fourth to our American neighbours!

July 06, 2004 4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home