Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, July 02, 2004

Summer lists...

Maybe only fellow teachers understand this, or maybe it is a well-known phenomenon. I don't know.

All I know, is that since I moved into my house in September, I have been making my ever-growing long list of things to accomplish during the summer (meaning when I am not teaching). This includes: unpacking the baby's room, painting baby's room, cleaning up the mounds of papers and boxes and books in the craft room, finally getting out my sewing machine because I can find it in the mounds of boxes, quilting, knitting, reading, and relaxing. (traveling was originally on the list too...that just didn't work out)

Here I am, however, ten days into summer "vacation", and I have yet to be able to cross one of those things off my list. I have taken a bit of time at night to work on a knitting project I started for Ryan BEFORE he left for Paris about 3 years ago, but I have not finished it (only about 25 more rows though!) and I have not finished the baby afghan I was knitting for liz's baby (now two).

I really don't know where the time goes...this morning I woke up at 7:30 (yes, for my schedule that is sleeping in) and thought of all the things I was going to do today: call Ryan in Paris, clean the kitchen and sweep the living room floors, sweep the deck, go grocery shopping and prepare fruit salad and broccoli salad (really good though it sounds yucky) for the BBQ. Of course I did the two things that didn't require work: call Ryan and go shopping. But I have not been able to work up the energy to clean the kitchen (which I promised to Catherine today would be clean...she's kinda picky) or to make the salads. I will likely be up all night as I will have to do SOMETHING before bed!!

Where does the time go? Does this only happen to me?

1 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hi! Just a little note to support and motivate you. I'm looking forward to reading more of your stuff!

Hope summer isn't beginning to bore you. Maybe you should alternate fun tasks with the others. Remember why you have to do them in the first place -- cleaning up stacks of paper frees up more psychological space than physical space!

I'm not sure that I knew you were knitting me an afghan... Hooray!

July 05, 2004 7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home