Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, July 09, 2004

Diets

OK. The ugly truth: I am going on a diet.

It is so funny. I have no idea why I am so scared to talk to anyone about going on a diet. It is like I am embarrassed for people to know that I am dieting, but come on, I mean, it is OBVIOUS that I NEED a diet. But it feels like telling anyone is like betraying myself for some reason. I have worked hard to be happy and comfortable with who I am. It isn't easy.

So, anyway, I have made the decision.

I am getting ready to start the South Beach diet either this weekend or sometime in the next week. I have a lot to lose. A LOT. Ideally, something like 150 pounds, but I would be happy with 100. In fact, I am trying to convince myself that I will be happy with whatever I lose, but that isn't working.

Anyway, my biggest concern is: What do you eat on South Beach Diet for breakfast? I honestly do not have time to cook breakfast most weekdays. I am used to having a bowl of cereal every morning which is quick and filling for me. I am scared to imagine a world without bread...I have been working on cleaning out my fridge/freezer of all "illegal" foods for the SB diet, but every time I just think, I can't imagine life without bread products. My favourite foods are bread or have bread products (like souvlaki).

Also, I am not a big veggie fan and those that I like are illegal for at least the first two weeks: fresh carrots and fresh peas, and corn are all my favourites.

Am I going to get through this? Am I the only one who has such much doubt and fear going into this?

If anything good comes out of this, I will let you know. In the meantime, I have to get comfortable with being on a diet. I hope I can do this...

2 Comments:

Blogger carrie said...

I've been doing the SBD since January, and the easiest thing I've found for breakfast is the Veggie Quiche Cups from the book. The recipe makes 12 cups, and a serving is 2 cups. That's almost a week's worth of breakfasts, and they freeze well. I usually pack them in small ziploc bags in twos and in the morning grab a bag and some tomato juice/V-8.

Good luck with your diet!

July 10, 2004 7:52 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

I understand how it's different to THINK a lot about something and to TALK about it. When you put it out on the table (especially in a semi-public forum like this), it's much more tangible. Concrete, and maybe scary.

Anyway, good luck! When do you start?

July 12, 2004 2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home