Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Obsessions

I know that it likely appears that my obsession has subsided...quite on the contrary. I am just so all consumed by "baby" that brief distractions are very welcome!

Today, for instance, was Wednesday. Well, technically it is still Wednesday for another three and a half hours. Anyway, I had great hopes for today: my new glasses were to be in, receive my new sandals that were to be delivered today, do module 2 of my learning with technology (LWT) course, do the readings for module 2 of school curriculum, make initial module 2 postings for said classes, study for my grad research quiz tomorrow, work on my grad research assignment, and relax at the end of a very productive day.

So, want to take a guess at what I did?

Well, they called about my glasses around noon, and I finally got my lazy butt into the shower so I could go to the mall. Once I got there, I decided to also try and buy a new cable for my digital camera since I still can't find mine. So, I went to Radio Shack and told the guy there what I needed, he looked at each box (there were four different cables), and could not find my model of camera. So, he sends me to Kits Cameras, also in the mall. I go there, and the guy insists that they have it back at Radio Shack and walks me down there. He picks up a box and insists that it is the right one, the RS guy asks if he is sure and he says he will take it back to KC and try it out. So, off we go back to KC, he tries it on another Canon camera, not my model but looks kinda like it, and it works, and walks me back down to RS where I buy it. (note: in future, trust the RS guy...it doesn't fit)

Then I go pick up my fancy new glasses at Sears Optical. I put them on and wowza hahaha I can't see very well! Well, that's not entirely true. I can see perfectly when I close one eye and look out the other, but I am not used to being able to see appropriately out of both eyes anymore and my whole walk out of the store, I feel like the ground is moving....weird...They are becoming more normal now, but it is going to take a little while. The jury is also still out on whether I am happy or not with the "transitions" lenses. You know the "right in any light" kind.

Anyway, so finally I head home and it is already 2:00! Who knows that I did this morning, but nothing is done and it is 2:00!! So I am determined to work on school work.

I open up Blackboard and start reading the lecture for LWT. It is so dry and boring and I can't focus. So, I decide to take a "break". I just do a quick search on PCOS and fertility, and come up with a new discussion board I have not found before. I get lost on this board for at least an hour. Then, of course, I need to check for new messages at the Single Mothers by Choice website, and the PCOS support website, and the other trying to conceive board, and ding dong! My shoes arrives (finally) and GASP! it is 5:45 pm!

So, I am really hungry and pull out the bowl of broccoli salad (it is a serious addiction right now...) and munch away and finally decide I need some real food, so I run off to DQ for a hamburger (I needed to see if it was still open you see...I have passed three in the past week that have changed names....tragedy!). After dinner, I have to check my email, and sure enough, there are some new posts at the adoption boards I am interested in. Then I get some emails from the SMC groups, and...well....it is almost 9 now....sigh....

I need some serious help! hahahaha

(and luck on my quiz tomorrow morning at 7:30!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Here's an interesting question -- why don't you use an article with "baby"? The baby, or a baby. Just curious.

I believe that the Canon cameras have moved to the standard mini-USB connection, which is good (for us with the new cameras!) I can still send you the cable for my old Canon, if you're still interested... BUT:

Why don't you just buy a USB card reader? This is a chunk of plastic that you plug into your USB port and reads your Compact Flash card directly without your camera.

There's one at Amazon.com (ASIN B000086TKY) that looks like the cheapest you can get ($9US), but you could get a fancier 7-in-1 (or something similar) and download all the pictures from your friends memory cards as well. Just make sure it supports Compact Flash!

They will likely have them at RadioShack in the $20-$40 range.

Don't be discouraged by a single day of distraction -- just let it motivate you to make your week come out ahead!

July 08, 2004 2:39 AM  
Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Thanks for turning on the Atom feed. You are a very smart blogger!

July 08, 2004 9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey you. post the recipe for broccoli salad already.

July 09, 2004 8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home