Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Thursday, July 29, 2004

Updates

Oh the joys of dieting. Haha. I am much happier now that I have switched to WW. I can eat my beloved carbs once again. I think coming from SB though I am more conscious of my carbs, which probably isn't that bad. I have not had one really really bad day yet on WW, but I did start out much stricter than I have been this week...hopefully I will get back on track. I do really well during the day (except for when they have great pastries at my class on T/Th mornings...), but nights are what have been killing me. I have to get control over this...I do NOT need a snack at night ahhaha. It is silly, because I never used to snack at night...then the past year or so, I got really attached to a piece of toast or a bowl of cereal at night. And now, I am trying so hard to avoid those foods at night, that I fill up on other things...like popcorn or SF cookies...ridiculous! ahahha

Anyway, I have been working hard at exercising 3 times a week too. That actually, quite surprisingly, has been going much better...I actually meet that goal and then some, but my exercises some times are only like 15 minutes, hey, it's a start! I bought a ton of exercise tapes too and received my first order yesterday, I couldn't wait to do it even though I had already done my own little exercises that morning. I did the Walk Away The Pounds tape that everyone on WW seems to rave about, the 1 mile since I was sure I wouldn't be able to do the 2 mile yet. Well, the one mile tape was a TON easier than my own invented exercise program ahahha. So, tomorrow I am going to try the 2 mile. I only hope I can keep it up once school starts...that is always a big concern.

In other news, I am now 30. Enough said.

On the TTC front, I finally received my information packet from ARC. They provide packages for assisted reproductive technologies. I had thought it was such a good deal before, but now I am wavering, just too darn expensive. Anyway, the plan I was thinking about was you pay X amount of dollars (looks like about 25000) for 3 cycles of IVF and 3 cycles of FET (if you had any frozen embryos to transfer!) and if after the end of those 6 cycles you were not successful, you get all but 8000 back to go towards adoption. Of course, if you get pregnant first try, you still pay all that money...but I don't think I would. Anyway, it is still a possibility at the moment. I haven't completely ruled it out. I read the FAQ and all documents very carefully, there was no mention of minimum BMI or preceding conditions (like PCOS) excluding you, but the $$$ is individual, so maybe mine would be more expensive...

I also received a lot of adoption related stuff this week. I had ordered a subscription to Adoptive Families magazine back when I hadn't really considered TTC, and the first issue arrived. I also received a package from an adoption agency I had requested info from AGAIN (weird since I had to ask three times to get my original package), offering 500 dollars off the fee if you sign up in August. And it was time for WACAP to update their latest adoption news, which I was quite interested in.

Anyway, that is what is going over here in my head tonight. Oh, yeah, and the fact that I can not seem to get caught up in school work, I am writing papers down to the last minute again like back in myh undergrad...what is happening to me?! Hopefully I will catch up this weekend and make some strides since we are nearing the end of the term.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home