Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Anniversaries

I am so happy to report that today marks one month of no smoking. None. Zip. Not one puff. I can't say that I don't think of a cigarette sometimes when I am frustrated with trying to find a topic for a paper due the next day, but my cravings are just about gone for the most part. :) Hurray for me!

Dieting has not been as successful. I just could not make it with the South Beach. I was constantly thinking about food. You know how it works, as soon as you are not allowed something, that is all that you want? I just couldn't do it.

All is not lost however. I haven't given up. I just tried a different approach. I have switched to Weight Watchers and even paid for an online membership. I know many people have had success with WW so here is to hoping it works for me..:)

Went to the horse races with my aunt on Sunday. I really should have been betting as she always like to pick horses to win (usually without betting). I kept choosing based on names, and everytime except once I would have won! In fact, I think each time I chose a winning horse it won except for the one time I it placed! Oh well, I am just not adventurous with the money I don't have. ;)

Anyway, I told her about my thoughts on TTC and she was so thrilled. I was surprised...I expected people of her generation (like my parents) would disapprove a single woman getting pregnant....but...she is very supportive and looking forward to it.

So now I have more and more books piling up to read. The latest is Conceptions and Misconceptions about ART (assisted reproductive technology)...quite interesting.

I am so happy that there are only 3 more days of my ESL classes. I am really enjoying the class this week, but the schedule is just like I am back at work...and it is supposed to be summer! Once the class is over, I will probably be more faithful at posting again. :)

Bye for now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tin Foiled said...

Hooray for nearly finishing your ESL course. Your english really has improved!

I can see how it would be hard to switch to a diet that was completely different from you're used to, especially because the first weeks are so strict.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that it didn't completely demotivate you -- and I know that WW has worked for quite a few people. In addition to the diet, they provide a social and support aspect. I've been told that the weekly 'weigh-in' is motivating in a very good way.

ONE THOUSAND CONGRATULATIONS ON THE ONE MONTH MARK! I'm so proud of you. Keep us updated on all your successes!

July 23, 2004 1:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home