Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Friday, November 25, 2005

Told the kids..

So, last weekend at the Pancake breakfast, the woman who is co-advising this class with me, said to a student, "I have a gift for Ms. *" and I looked at her and said "I haven't told students yet." But at that point, it was too late, and the student says, "what?" So, I told him that I was having a baby and he was excited and asked no further questions.

Of course, at that point, the other teacher says, well you know you have to tell the rest of your kids now...and so it began.

On Monday, I decided it was time. At the end of both of my second year classes, we played hangman with my news as the puzzle. I timed it so that there would be very little time after that so as not to answer too many questions. At lunch, a couple girls asked me if it were a girl or a boy and they seemed very excited. After school, a student came to see me to tell me that there was a rumor that I was pregnant and told her I was. LOL. I survived the first day...

But on Tuesday, a student asked me the question I was dreading..."Are you married, Miss *?" I mumbled no, and went about doing what I was doing...hoping that she couldn't see my heart beating frantically in my chest and my fast prayers that there be no more questions...

So, the cat is out of the bag, at least with my second year classes (I have decided that the rumor mill will tell the other students LOL). I survived and so far there have been no angry parent phone calls or emails, to me anyway. Hopefully the office will also be spared.

Of course, I am thrilled to be pregnant, and if I could explain myself, I wouldn't be as embarassed as I am now...because OF COURSE the students think that I got pregnant the usual way...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home