Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Drama at the library

Eliana loves books. What a good girl, she absolutely takes after her mother. :) So, a big highlight of our week now that I am at home is going to the library. This week, there was much drama to be had, however.

First, as we were perusing the videos, looking for more Wiggles videos, a child walks up to Eliana and tries to take the Dora video right out of her hands. Eliana squawked (spelling?), I distracted the girl and her mother said something to her in an unknown language. Then, I turn the corner, continuing to search for the Wiggles (which I never found by the way...they were all out), and the girl comes back again. I look at her and see her coming towards Eliana and getting a little too close for my liking and I keep saying no, no, more and more firmly. The mother doesn't even look once. The girl moves away, I turn around to look again and then all of a sudden she is back before I can even bat an eye. This time, she walks right up to Eliana, takes her binky OUT OF HER MOUTH, and runs off. Oh my. If you know my daughter, you know how attached she is to her binky. When Eliana is describing a picture to you, there is mama, and Ellie and binky. It is like her best friend. There were screams and real tears and yes, we got the binky back, but she was so traumatized I heard about it all night long. "I cried mama. The girl took my binky." She even had to tell grandma on the phone!

Yikes! Who knew it would be so dangerous to go to the library?! LOL

By the way, we have entered the reading challenge and while I know we will have no trouble reading 60 books, heck, we could probably do it in one week, if you have any favourite books you would like to recommend for our reading list, please let us know. Eliana loves picture books these days. Her favourites at home right now have been the Little Golden books and the Dr. Seuss books. (her all time favourite this week has been Hunches in Bunches which we took out of the library last week...a Dr. Seuss book I had never before heard of!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Miss X said...

I love books as well. Eliana is 2? Not sure what 2 year olds are reading these days, but some of my faves as a young child were Snoopy/Peanuts, The Pokey Little Puppy, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Danny and the Dinosaur, The Bearenstein Bears.

I love reading to little kids!

June 24, 2008 11:08 PM  
Blogger Kimmyann said...

Stellaluna or Chicka Chicka Boom Boom are both cute books.

June 25, 2008 3:57 PM  
Blogger ChiChi said...

One of my favourite books when I was tiny was Peter and the North Wind, by Freya Littledale. The illustrations are gorgeous, as well. I'm not sure how easy it would be to locate a copy, though.

June 29, 2008 9:30 PM  
Blogger 911shazza said...

Sebastian loves books too. Faves at the moment are "The Napping House", "Time For Bed", and "On The Night You Were Born" (which always makes me tear up when I read it to him). "I Love You Through and Through" is another favourite, and one we read to him every day at the hospital when he was sick.

July 02, 2008 8:46 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Great suggestions everyone, i am keeping a list for our library visits! Keep them coming!

July 02, 2008 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home