Name:
Location: Washington, United States

I began my TTC journey in January 2005. It finally worked with the 5th IUI and along came Eliana! I started trying for a second (T42) a little over a year later, and was thrilled to get pregnant on the second try this time. Jacob soon joined our family! Not sure if I am done at two, but come along for my journey in motherhood. If you stop by, please leave me a short note! I like to know when I have visitors. :)

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Update on Jacob

Well, after I posted, I got a call from the NICU that the nurse practitioner wanted to speak with me. They are concerned that he has been running a slight fever the past few days and his platelet count is low (50). They have run all sorts of tests and have not found any infection, but they have started treating him for an infection anyways. He is in isolation now, meaning to come into his room you have to wear a gown and gloves and leave them before you leave the room. They want to run a spinal tap to rule out an infection in his spinal fluid, but that has not been run yet.

The good news is that Jacob's blood sugars have been stable the past few days and they are trying to wean him from the IV, though he still gets much/most of his feedings through the feeding tube. I suppose after he is weaned from the IV, that would be the next step to get him to eat more from the breast or bottle...

It has not been as simple as I thought, and the stress is really starting to weigh on me. Today was extra hard as it is Mother's day, plus it was the day he was supposed to be induced...

Continued prayers are appreciated.

4 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Aww man. Hope this is resolved quickly! Sending out healing thoughts!

May 12, 2008 2:38 AM  
Blogger Jann said...

Lots of prayers for Jacob, Kat..my thoughts are with you that this is a short stay and the last hurdle till he comes home.

May 12, 2008 2:27 PM  
Blogger Kimmyann said...

Hope he is doing better.

May 18, 2008 4:00 PM  
Blogger Miss X said...

Congratulations! I'll keep Jacob (and you & Elaina) in my prayers. Keep us updated.

May 18, 2008 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home